X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomber Hertitage Flight

Interesting Heritage Flight

Re: Bomber Hertitage Flight

in that link you provided, there was a P-51 an F-4 a F16 and a P-47,,,my ouestion is where did that F-4 come from, i thought all of them were out of commision?

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
      in that link you provided, there was a P-51 an F-4 a F16 and a P-47,,,my ouestion is where did that F-4 come from, i thought all of them were out of commision?
      The Air Force keeps, I think, two Phantoms operational for Heritage Flight work and the Colling's Foundation also has an airworthy (civilian) F-4.

Comment

Those F-4s are drones...either stationed out at Holloman or at Tyndall, waiting to be blown up. They do keep a couple painted up in the heritage paint jobs, though.

They've said that the USAF is not going to keep any heritage Phantoms after the QF-4s are all used up...

Comment

They say that there are about 5 to 8 years worth of drone Phantoms left at Tucson, depending on consumption, of course.
          (The drone drivers actually try to evade and survive their drone missons. The reason for this is... a: to give real life evasive maneuvering during the drone flight, and b: to get more missions out of each airframe. They say the drones are flown live/manned for about 100 to 150 hours - doing routine target simulation profiles and now the Heritage program. After that, the big airframe-maintenance items crop up and it is more cost effective to expend them as drones.)
          VL

Comment

Originally posted by MLenoch
            The drone drivers actually try to evade and survive their drone missons.
            It's actually very easy to not get hit since none of the WSEP missile shots have live warheads. Unless the missile physically impacts the jet (very rarely), it lives to be a drone yet another day.

Here's me shooting an AIM-7MH Sparrow at a drone in 2001:

Comment

Ok Hacker whats the family history of the AIM-7MH (have not seen a listing for a MH)

Gawd i gotta get a life

you try the new Falcon 4.0 Allied Force??
              the last update was cool, can you say Vitimin B-61

Now i just gotta figure out how to drop & run

So far its been drop,Die toss,Die speed of heat, Die !

Curt

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                Here's me shooting an AIM-7MH Sparrow at a drone in 2001:

It begs me to ask.....which one is you and which one is the drone? Kind of a 'high aspect' shot, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  It begs me to ask.....which one is you and which one is the drone? Kind of a 'high aspect' shot, isn't it?
                  This was actually a missile shot to test a certain type of jamming. The guy up close to the camera shot one type of AIM-7, while I (the guy furthest away from the camera) shot a different type.

The drone was something like 15 miles away so, yes, it was a high aspect shot.

That's how most Beyond Visual Range air combat is fought -- with guys basically pointing at each other anywhere from 80 miles in to about 10 miles, when you can usually see the other guy visually.

By the time the missiles hit, the drone was still too far away to see.

Comment

So, is that really fair?

Comment

There is no such thing as unfair, they just don't understand the rules.

Comment

This was actually a missile shot to test a certain type of jamming. The guy up close to the camera shot one type of AIM-7, while I (the guy furthest away from the camera) shot a different type.

That's how most Beyond Visual Range air combat is fought -- with guys basically pointing at each other anywhere from 80 miles in to about 10 miles, when you can usually see the other guy visually.

Typical Air Force guy....so interested in telling the 'there I was' story that he completely missed the blatant sarcasm of the statement. Some things never change....

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          Typical Air Force guy....so interested in telling the 'there I was' story that he completely missed the blatant sarcasm of the statement. Some things never change....
                          Ah yes, brotherly love This is what Brad and Randy must be like around the holidays

http://www.baratsandbereta.com/A digital Mother's Day card. Tucker and Brad show their love for mom by taking a Mother's Day photo...Special thanks to Andre...

if this doen't work
                          http://barney.gonzaga.edu/~lbarats/videos.html, go to the mothers day short video

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Warren_C
                              Ah yes, brotherly love This is what Brad and Randy must be like around the holidays
                              Warren, you don't know HOW close you came to the truth on that one. BEYOOOOOTIFUL!

Comment

Working...
                              X