PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Double

Kilo Hotel
05-09-2006, 08:39 AM
The Stallion 51 folks have got both Crazy Horse and Crazy Horse 2 on the line at the moment; they're planning to rebuild the original sometime soon. It gave me the opportunity to shoot a flight of two Mustangs in identical livery, though: how cool is that?

The attached photo was shot at 1/40 sec with the Canon 5D and the image stabilized EF 24-105mm f/4L zoom at 55mm, hand held. The foreground ship was already rolling; hence the slight motion blur.

You can see more of the flight, including some very cool air-to-air photos my friend Stuart grabbed from the back seat of Horse 2, at http://www.pbase.com/stevezzzz/stuart_p51

Victor Archer
05-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Excellent! :thumbsup:

jarrodeu
05-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Those are some really nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Jarrod

Peashooter
05-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Envy, jealousy & lust -- I'm almost half-way down the list of the 7 deadly sins!

Kilo Hotel
05-09-2006, 08:04 PM
Excellent! :thumbsup:

High praise indeed from someone whose photography I've admired for a long time. Thanks, Victor.

BTW, what lens is that you're using there in your avatar?

Kilo Hotel
05-09-2006, 08:05 PM
Those are some really nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Jarrod

I'm happy to share my love of all things aviation, Jarrod; glad you enjoyed them.

Kilo Hotel
05-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Envy, jealousy & lust -- I'm almost half-way down the list of the 7 deadly sins!

No need to deny yourself, Peas: just get a second mortgage and go fly Crazy Horse yourself! ;)

I wrote Stallion 51 a big check three years ago to get my hour in the Mustang; even though the amount could have covered a semester's college tuition for one of the kids (in-state, anyway), it was worth it.

But I'm _soooo_ jealous Stuart got to fly (and shoot) in formation with another P-51.

Lockheed Bob
05-09-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm almost 74 & there is no other sound like the P51. I've been around them since I was a kid including then Cleveland Air Races after WW2. I hope Strega & Dago Red are both flying at Reno this year. I would still like to up in one before I pass on.
Lockheed Bob

Peashooter
05-10-2006, 03:27 AM
[QUOTE=Kilo Hotel]No need to deny yourself, Peas: just get a second mortgage and go fly Crazy Horse yourself! ;) QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be reminding my wife of the 6th Commandment -- thou shalt not kill!

Waiting patiently for my exit strategy to take place... :cool: