Seeing Double

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing Double

The Stallion 51 folks have got both Crazy Horse and Crazy Horse 2 on the line at the moment; they're planning to rebuild the original sometime soon. It gave me the opportunity to shoot a flight of two Mustangs in identical livery, though: how cool is that?

The attached photo was shot at 1/40 sec with the Canon 5D and the image stabilized EF 24-105mm f/4L zoom at 55mm, hand held. The foreground ship was already rolling; hence the slight motion blur.

You can see more of the flight, including some very cool air-to-air photos my friend Stuart grabbed from the back seat of Horse 2, at http://www.pbase.com/stevezzzz/stuart_p51
    Attached Files
    SteveZ

Re: Seeing Double

Excellent!
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Those are some really nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Jarrod

Comment

Envy, jealousy & lust -- I'm almost half-way down the list of the 7 deadly sins!
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
          Excellent!
          High praise indeed from someone whose photography I've admired for a long time. Thanks, Victor.

BTW, what lens is that you're using there in your avatar?
          SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by jarrodeu
            Those are some really nice photos, thanks for sharing them.

Jarrod
            I'm happy to share my love of all things aviation, Jarrod; glad you enjoyed them.
            SteveZ

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
              Envy, jealousy & lust -- I'm almost half-way down the list of the 7 deadly sins!
              No need to deny yourself, Peas: just get a second mortgage and go fly Crazy Horse yourself!

I wrote Stallion 51 a big check three years ago to get my hour in the Mustang; even though the amount could have covered a semester's college tuition for one of the kids (in-state, anyway), it was worth it.

But I'm _soooo_ jealous Stuart got to fly (and shoot) in formation with another P-51.
              SteveZ

Comment

I'm almost 74 & there is no other sound like the P51. I've been around them since I was a kid including then Cleveland Air Races after WW2. I hope Strega & Dago Red are both flying at Reno this year. I would still like to up in one before I pass on.
                Lockheed Bob
                Lockheed Bob

Comment

[QUOTE=Kilo Hotel]No need to deny yourself, Peas: just get a second mortgage and go fly Crazy Horse yourself! QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd be reminding my wife of the 6th Commandment -- thou shalt not kill!

Waiting patiently for my exit strategy to take place...
                  Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                  World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Working...
                  X