Last Fri. 5:30 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Fri. 5:30 PM

Just happened to be getting home when I heard that sound we all love. It fooled me for a second as there was Piper or a Cessna or something on the same heading (south) but a way different altitude and speed. I was looking at this little top wing cruiser and was thinking "man, that thing sure sounds fast". Well it wasn't that fast and I scanned the sky above and way up there was a warbird. He (or she )was way up there and headed dead south. I reached for my Victor lens but realized I'm not an alien so I didn't bother as the plane was pretty gone at this point. Just curious if anybody else heard/saw him/her.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Re: Last Fri. 5:30 PM

Times about right. Son and I thought we heard a mustang last Fri. Even the wife said "Hey, a Mustang". It was too high to see clearly and by the time we found the binoc's it was too far gone.
    Headed south a little east of Stead.
    Been seeing Thunder Mustang now and then too. Weekend before last it looked like another thunder was flying around with him, red and white?
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

That's the one. He was already past me when I spotted him so there was no way I was getting a good look at it. From what I did see it looked to be bare metal with no markings. who that is. I haven't seen/heard any Thunders but I will surely keep my eyes/ears open. It just feels like the bug is out early this year with all the talk of new/resurected/freshly modified racers. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

The weather being good we're outside a lot, if we are home. ANYTHING sounds good the two of us are running to look while the wife just get's out of pour way!
        Thunder Mustang has the coolest sound when he's up high and wound out. Can't miss it and always brings us out. Last weekend it was a C-130 show most of Saturday, would have drowned out anything else!
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

hmmmmmm....last friday....5:30 pm....5 or 6 beers..It was a c-172 my guess

Comment

It WAS O' Scotch Thirty but the others were'nt drinking...
            I swear it was there, and this time it was NOT in formation with the pink flying elephant.
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Hmmm, a Mustang, bare metal, no markings, flying near Stead. Could Fence have gotten a quick glance at a newly refurbed LARS/GG out for a test flight? This is how rumors get started right?

Comment

Now theres a idea...any comment Ryan?

Comment

while were on the rumor starting, could it be that Tom Cruise was flying LARS?

Jarrod

Comment

It was so far away, could it have been Sani Hut's long secret racer?
                    Did'nt sound twin, but...
                    airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Zoltan! "Nice outfits."
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Maybe it was Randy Goss in his newly finished shoestring racer.....

Comment

Could it of been a B-17 there was a pic in today paper at Trucky Shawn

Comment

I didn't post this right away, because it's allergy season and (admitidly) my eyes WERE a little blurry.

Last week, I ran outside because I heard the obvious sound of big metal boring a hole in the sky, flying toward Mather field (KMHR). When I finally saw what was making the noise, I didn't know what the hell it was! It (seriously) looked to have Sea Fury wings, but had a WAY shorter fuselage and swept back tail feathers. (It definatly wasn't a Cessna!) It was painted light grey. It flew right over my house so I didn't get a good look at the side, or where the cockpit was. It almost looked like Critical Mass painted grey, with a shorter fuse.

It seriously looked like Greenamyer's Shockwave, but I know that's not ready to fly and is on the East coast, and this had a smaller engine than a 4360 (most likely a 3350. The sound and size is what I based that on). I thought about Matt Jackson's racer that's being built just a few miles from here at Eagles Nest, but I doubt he'd fly over a populated area with as secret as they're keeping that project. I really doubt if it was either. Whatever it was, it looked sweet, sounded "throaty" and was moving fast! Too fast for me to get my binoculars that I keep next to my back door.

I neglected to post this and just keep my eyes peeled to this web site to see if there was any news on a new racer in the Sacramento area. I really haven't had a drink in over a month, never smoked crack, hate Cocaine (except for the smell ) The hooker was dead when I got there. Ooops. Needless to say, I saw what I saw. I'm hoping someone else either saw the same thing, or knows more about what it could have been.

Race29
                            Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

We're starting to sound like a UFO site. Objects in the sky, strange sounds...
                              Maybe Victor's mother ship?

Positive it was'nt Aluminum Overcast.
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                              X