Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merlin in a 55 Chevy?

Greetings,

I wanted to share a section I saw covering a 55 Chevy with a Merlin on the show "Dream Car Garage" (Speed Channel). I thought it might be interesting to this board.

IMO, Did not seem right to me to mix the two. If I was not a fan of both vintage cars and planes, it could probably be catagorized as sacrilege from either side.

I can't help but appreciate the work it took to build the thing. It was interesting to see the start up sequence with the fuel mixture, mags, flip switches and stuff. FYI.. I realize that I probably hacked up that sequence.. I'm not a pilot, but it made me wonder if it was how you guys start'em up from the planes cockpit. Cool stuff.

The sound and smoke was awesome on the show when they started it up, but or course it just wasn't the same without a prop turning and the Merlin sound we all love when it shown going down the road (compared to the Reno Grandstand or pylon passes anyway). From what I've read about P-51s, probably would have flipped over before your could really ring it out anyway.

Tivo for Sunday May 7th 3am EST if you'd like to catch it on Speed again.
Working...
X