Photo Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo Contest

For Victor and other photographers - http://www.airrace.org/photoContest.php

Jarrod

Re: Photo Contest

So, if you were not "credentialed", no entry? Correct.

Comment

oops, sorry

Jarrod

Comment

I guess I will have to follow the old sang, I have nothing good to say, so I will say nothing at all.

Comment

Too bad there is no category for those of us who use a different 'medium' to capture the races out at the pylons.

I mean, I took 'pictures', but most of those were pit shots.

Maybe next year they'll have a Bradfire contest.

Comment

Gee...., you read my mind.

Comment

Speeddemon,

I was sent a video from an aviation photographer which was titled "Bradfire".

Can you explain what this contest cosisted of ?

Anthony
              "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                Speeddemon,

I was sent a video from an aviation photographer which was titled "Bradfire".

Can you explain what this contest cosisted of ?

Anthony
                No 'contest' at all. I've been shooting video at Reno since '89 (when I basically stopped taking still photos). And this was during the time when the SKYFIRE productions were going on...but most of the air race geeks out there were less than happy with what SKYFIRE gave them as far as content. My videos (at the time), were usually of the whole week--and anywhere between 5-8 hours long, mostly concentrating on the Unlimiteds, and shot from 'the road', the pits, the ramp, aircraft walk-arounds, sometimes the top of the reserved stands, and from the pylons. I basically shot the kind of stuff that "I" knew I would want to see if I couldn't be at the races and wanted to 'see' everything.

A friend of mine named Walter Lamb in Florida starting jokingly referring to it as "BRADFIRE" because he looked forward to MY video every year more than he did to the copy of SKYFIRE he ordered. And the name stuck.

There is aparently someone else out there with a first name of Brad who has also been putting something similar out to his friends....but I'm gonna lay claim to the 'BRADFIRE' monniker. I think there are too many people out there (Wayne, Mark K., Scotty G., Bucky D., Neal N., and anyone who has ever gotten a copy of my 'private' stuff) that would agree that my stuff is 'the real thing'. I can remember several times coming in on the bus from the pylons after the Gold Race with everyone gathered around my seat to watch the 'BRADFIRE REPLAY' over my shoulder on the mini-cam.

Wouldn't you agree, Wayne?

I guess if you want to know the 'content' of the 'Bradfire' video you have, you'd have to tell me what is on YOUR tape...because I have volumes and volumes of stuff, and there is no way I could list it all.

Brad

Comment

Brad,

The tape i have is of 2000.

I too have always been dissappointed with Skyfire as they put way too much "cornball" commentary which totally ruins the overall effect. When i want to show someone what the racing is about i find myself with the remote in hand ready to fast forward and mute.

The 2000 vid is strickly buisness and especially the shots from the hill are most excellent.

Do you send out any of your stuff upon request?

Anthony
                  Last edited by sierra fox; 05-04-2006, 10:00 AM. Reason: inacurate information
                  "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sierra fox
                    Brad,

The tape i have is of 2000. There's a spot on there where you or your partner is about to eat what appears to be tortilla with mustard.

I too have always been dissappointed with Skyfire as they put way too much "cornball" commentary which totally ruins the overall effect. When i want to show someone what the racing is about i find myself with the remote in hand ready to fast forward and mute.

The 2000 vid is strickly buisness and especially the shots from the hill are most excellent.

Do you send out any of your stuff upon request?

Anthony
                    No food on my tapes. My 2000 tape has mostly stuff from out at the pylons, some early-morning Dawn Patrol stuff from on the ramp, and if I recall, I shot the Gold Final from Pylon 3 (won the 'lottery' that year, and I think I was out there with Neal Nurmi).

Comment

OOOOPPS! Sorry Brad, wrong tape

Comment

Miss Merced looks awesome going around the pylons.

I was fortunate to see her at the california 1000 races in 70 and 71. Dig the Bristol powered five bladers.

Comment

Working...
                        X