Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steadfast

Will/Red,
    Are there any new pics of the plane? Have you mounted the new spinner or painted it yet? Are you going to be at PRS with it? Thanks

Re: Steadfast

Alaska

We will indeed be at PRS with it. The weather here has been lousy, today is the first day I can remember seeing the sun in I don't know how long.

The new spinner is being readied for paint and will go on soon. We've been doing lots of little things to get her ready. Even though it's a new airplane, there is still a TON of work

No new pics, nothing has changed. We won't paint her until after PRS. We have the scheme and colors finalized though.

Red
    Red
    chanting...400+

Comment

Thanks for the update...look forward to seeing you guys in Sept.

Comment

We look forward tobeing there

Red
        Red
        chanting...400+

Comment

Hey...where'd you all go? The team Steadfast web site has been down for a bit and I haven't seen any news lately. Everything still on track for PRS?
          Sky Critter

Comment

The site will be back up anytime. We had an unplanned server move We are on track for PRS. The plane doesn't look any different yet, it won't get painted til after PRS.

The big spinner is ready for paint, but we're not sure if it will be on by then. Since we are new we are being extra careful with all tests, and there may not be time to get adequate cooling data with the big spinner before PRS.

As of right now the plane is running and flying perfect. That has not always been the case. Will has been putting as much time on it as possible. It's amazing how much work it takes to get a plane ready to race. The were lots of things to be addressed. Will and I are very anal, and we are not happy with anything just being "ok", it has to be right. Period. We have gone through the whole plane from spinner to rudder and all systems in between making things right.

Our biggest deal now is believe it or not the fasteners. The are not dzus' but are a sort of screw we nicknamed dzuskies. As of late they are now called looskies cause they won't stay tight! They will all eventually have to be changed out, but for now they just need to stay tight. We are working on that.

See ya at PRS.

Red
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

Working...
            X