Silly Season: Dan Martin = Dago Red??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly Season: Dan Martin = Dago Red??

OK... normally, I don't give the unregged/unsigned messages much creedence but... we just got one that was so interesting in its content that I thought it relevant to share it....

I don't know where the poster heard it, or for sure, if it's true or not but again, let's let it air out here and then we'll find out later if it's true..

Here ya go...

**FROM UNCONFIRMED UNSIGNED HANGARTALK MESSAGE** Its been announced that Dan Martin will be sponsoring and flying Dago Red at Reno this year. Apparently a deal was struck with the owner allowing Dan to pay for and race the plane. Great news for air racing. News also has it that Ron Burcerelli has been informed by the Board that he clearly meets the requirements as set forth in the Unlimited rules and has therefore been approved to race RareBear. It looks like the year might be shaping up.
    Take with grain of salt... digest and hope it's true!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Silly Season: Dan Martin = Dago Red??

Ridge Runner 4?

Comment

OK, so, DM sponsoring and flying DR. Cool. Who is the owner then? Still TB or does it have something to do with SNPA? RR III back to stock? Who's going to fly PM with RB in...........RB? Your right, this is silly.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

RR III back to stock?
        RRIII was back to stock a month after Reno 2005. You'll be seeing Dan and RRIII at several airshows in the coming months.

SA

Comment

SA-I was talking more about the races than anything. I was kinda hoping to see some 500mph gun blisters again. Oh well, who needs blisters when you've got Dago? You seem to know more than your leaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Smee Again
            RRIII was back to stock a month after Reno 2005. You'll be seeing Dan and RRIII at several airshows in the coming months.

SA
            is Dago going to be moved to hollister? If so I might know of some hanger space.

Comment

Ron has raced in the Unlimited Class before so why get approved in a class he has already raced in? And also, didn't he get checked out last year at PRS in RareBear?

Comment

Wayne,
                Terry Bland, Dan Martin, and Mike Barrow have entered into an agreement, Dago Red is still owned by Terry Bland. Dan Martin will be the pilot and Mike Barrow will be providing the engine. There will be more details in the weeks to come. This is official, but would like any speculation or rumors to be held to a minimum due to the sensitivity of sponsorship deals that are not yet final.

Any questions could be sent directly to me at EDM1822@aol.com and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Eric Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Martin
                  Wayne,
                  Terry Bland, Dan Martin, and Mike Barrow have entered into an agreement, Dago Red is still owned by Terry Bland. Dan Martin will be the pilot and Mike Barrow will be providing the engine. There will be more details in the weeks to come. This is official, but would like any speculation or rumors to be held to a minimum due to the sensitivity of sponsorship deals that are not yet final.

Any questions could be sent directly to me at EDM1822@aol.com and I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Eric Martin
                  Eric,

sorry if we let any cats out of any bags.. I posted up the original "unregged" message in the thread it was originally posted in. Someone let the cat out of the bag, they just chose here to untie the bag...

Anyway.. We're here to help in any way possible, let me know...

I think someone just gave you my phone number.. call me if you want to kick my butt...

Wayne
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne,
                    Terry Bland, Dan Martin, and Mike Barrow have entered into an agreement, Dago Red is still owned by Terry Bland. Dan Martin will be the pilot and Mike Barrow will be providing the engine.
                    Effin' Rad.

Comment

Wayne,
                      No big deal, just wanted all the finacial pieces in place before news got out. No butt kicking needed, although a beer or two will be required.

Eric

Comment

This truly is GOOD news, for Dan, FINALLY we get to see him with a really slick ride (not that RR isn't slick!) and for Air Racing!

Rare Bear, Dago Red and Strega, mixing it up with, HOPEFULLY, Galloping Ghost and whomever else comes to the dance!

WOW...

Is anyone else seeing stars here.. I'm blown away by the prospect that this year brings!

Could this be the most competitive Unlimited line up in years?? Speeddemon... you're the "unofficial" historian for the sport now... when was the last time we had such a potential linup??

Wayne Sagar
                        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

The best News i have heard all year
                          just tell me is the plane going to be red?...terry still ownes it
                          so i think red, it will be
                          go DAGO
                          www.renosection3.com

Comment

Wayne,
                            No big deal, just wanted all the finacial pieces in place before news got out. No butt kicking needed, although a beer or two will be required.

Eric
                            LOL Eric! You got it... SNPA or your choice.. I'll be down for PRS.. hopefully, you'll be there and I can start the payback early!

This truly IS good news though!!!!!

Reno 2006 is gonna be a hoot!

Gettin that first place trophy is gonna be a bit difficult this year methinks!

WOW... I'm shakin here with anticipation...

!!!!!!
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Now if only I can convince the wife to let me go to PRS this year...hmmm

Comment

Working...
                              X