trivia question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trivia question

any one remember this mustang it raced in the 1970"s it was named after a farmouse singer Shawn
    Attached Files

Re: trivia question

"The Candy Man"
    Had a charicature of Sammy Davis on the fus.
    Sitting here at work I could'nt give you the owner or pilot tho.
    Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
    airplanenutleo@gmail.com
    thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

it was raced By Charley Beck and Jim Modes it was taking in 1979 at madera gathering of warbirds later it went to england to stephen gray.

Shawn

Comment

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh......."Candy Man"

Charlie Beck and Jim Modes sold it for 70K and a year later they were worth 250K

Cool picture Shawn- thanks for sharing it! RG

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership

The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

I should say i took that with my little instamitic 110 Shawn

Comment

One of my favorite 'stockers' of all time. Sadly, they only had the cartoon of Sammy on the side for one year ('74). After that they took it off. I always wondered if it was something 'political'. I thought it was great.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
              One of my favorite 'stockers' of all time. Sadly, they only had the cartoon of Sammy on the side for one year ('74). After that they took it off. I always wondered if it was something 'political'. I thought it was great.
              Here is a close up of the cartoon. http://www.warbirdaeropress.com/PhGa...album=32&pos=1

Jarrod

Comment

Working...
              X