Clear All

• Mangia Pana

been work9ng on this this is one of my favirote Mustangs shawn
    Attached Files

Re: Mangia Pana

sorry for my typos shawn

Comment

No Problem (typos) Shawn... thanks for sharing!

Rare photo... anyone remember what became of this airplane???

Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

IRON ASS!
        "dont believe ANYTHING you hear and about HALF of what you see"...................J. Mott 1994

Comment

Ah yes....Mangia Pane....Italian slang for "Bread Eater" or "Freeloader".

In its day, this was an exceptionally fast 'super stock' Mustang. Hugh Bickle bought it and flew it as Iron Ass for about 20 years, but I understand that it was recently sold.

Comment

It was freeloader Shawn

Comment

Mangia Pane = "It eats bread".

Comment

Originally posted by King
                Mangia Pane = "It eats bread".
                and since "bread" is slang for "money," I'ms sure its about the best name anyone could give a warbird. Or any old piece of machinery. If Mangia Pane hadn't been taken, it would be a good nickname for my avatar :-p

Comment

Tiger not only owned her but stsrted racing in Mangia Pane in about 82.Ron Hevle flew Strega and the tiger flew in the same gold race.Strega up and out with a broken oil line and Mangia Pane finished third or fourth.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh..."Mangia Pane"

Tiger gave me a ride in it at Truckee years ago.........

Papa Goss got to fly that one.........

Was a neat airplane

The warbird registry follows the history of all North American Aviation P-51 Mustangs that survived military service.

P-51 Mustang Survivors: Survivor Home. World War II, North American P-51A, P-51B, P-51C, P-51D, P-51H, F-51D, F-51H Mustang survivor in civilian ownership
                    Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                    RIP 03/17/10

Comment

too many, hahahaha
                      heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by 2101
                        Tiger not only owned her but stsrted racing in Mangia Pane in about 82.Ron Hevle flew Strega and the tiger flew in the same gold race.Strega up and out with a broken oil line and Mangia Pane finished third or fourth.
                        Actually, in '82 when Tiger first raced her, Hevle won in Dago, and Tiger physically finished SECOND in Mangia Pane. But I think he cut a pylon and Clay Klabo ended up in official second in Fat Cat.

In '83, Tiger had sold his interest in Dago (to finance Strega). That was the year that Strega pulled out with the broken oil line. Tiger finished fourth behind Anderson, Whittington, and Crocker.

Just your 'geek lesson' for the morning! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                          Actually, in '82 when Tiger first raced her, Hevle won in Dago, and Tiger physically finished SECOND in Mangia Pane. But I think he cut a pylon and Clay Klabo ended up in official second in Fat Cat.

In '83, Tiger had sold his interest in Dago (to finance Strega). That was the year that Strega pulled out with the broken oil line. Tiger finished fourth behind Anderson, Whittington, and Crocker.

Just your 'geek lesson' for the morning! :-)
                          Thanks, the geek lessons help me get through the week!

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                            Speaking of famous P-51s

Does anyone know....
                            How many TF-51s are out there?
                            The P-51 list on www.mustangsmustangs.com shows a total of 16, with 10 still flying. Stallion 51 in Florida has two: "Crazy Horse" and "Crazy Horse 2" (this one was listed as being converted from John Crocker's Reno racer "Sumthin' Else"). I've seen Daryl Bond's "Lady Jo" at several west coast air shows; it's a beautiful plane. I think he also races at Reno.
                            Mark Johnson
                            Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

I hope Larry liked my big engine mod. on his PC-7.

A friend of mine recently purchased Frank Bormans TF-51.

We are trying to build our own airforce in South Texas. He also has a T28C, L-39 and NA-50.

Can't wait to get the live guns on our P-51 going, Parks and Wildlife will love how we can take out the Coyotes for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X