ot neat video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ot neat video

found this surfing....for u f-15 guys... enjoy http://www.flightlevel350.com/viewer.php?id=4798

Re: ot neat video

Maybe (I hope) I'm wrong... but, isn't this the way far too many accident reports start out?
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
      Maybe (I hope) I'm wrong... but, isn't this the way far too many accident reports start out?
      What? I can't hear you over the F-15.

Comment

Very Cool Video

Makes you feel like an Afghan terrorist right before he takes his final breath.

Yeah, baby

Don

Comment

Bizarre.
          _________
          -Matt
          Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Any story behind this vid? I would donate body organs to have been there to see that. (PS: not my organs but I'm sure I will find some somewhere )

Comment

I don't know the 100% true version of the story, but that's apparently a F-15C Demo Team guy (or guys...can't tell if that's two differrent jets, I'm not sure). If you watch the video, note that it's a "clean" jet with no missile rails or anything else on it -- no ordinary Eagles are out there flying like that.

Originally posted by hattend
              Makes you feel like an Afghan terrorist right before he takes his final breath.
              Not unless the F-15C has started dropping bombs or strafing and I haven't heard about it yet.

Originally posted by Stevo
              Not really...he's not doing anything dangerous so much as stupid. Stuff like that -- what we call "shining your a$$", or just plain old hotdogging -- will get you in a heap of trouble even if it is a legitimate act. If it has the appearance of showing off, you're likely to get a severe beating from the boss over it. Grounded, or lose your qualifications as a flight lead or something.

I wouldn't think anything of it, personally, if he weren't tapping blower as he goes over the crowd. If you notice, he's really not that far off the runway, and an offset low approach is completely legal. The AB, though, makes it obvious that he's trying to show off for the crowd, and that's grounds for a beat-down.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin

he's not doing anything dangerous so much as stupid.
                ya but,that kind of stuff leads to THIS

Comment

There has been a decade's worth of focus in the USAF after the Bud Holland crash. Rogue behavior is a high-interest item, hence my statement earlier that it's a stupid act instead of a dangerous act. A guy caught shining his butt is sure to get crucified.

I've got 700+ hours in the F-15, and I can tell you there's nothing remotely dangerous about what the guy in the video is doing. It's not on the same level as -- in deference to the aircraft tech-order -- a 90-degree bank at low altitude in a B-52.

There's a Grand Canyon's worth of difference between the two.

Comment

I agree with what you said Randy,However doing stupid stuff in an airplane can lead to doing dangerous stuff.That's my story and sticking to it.

ps check out the article about the Bud Holland crash in the latest FLYING mag.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
                      doing stupid stuff in an airplane can lead to doing dangerous stuff.
                      100% agree.

Comment

its unfortunate fact that doing something stupid and dangerous usually takes care of itself, sooner rather than later,a a big difference between dangerous and a stupid maneuver. I have done some "dangerous" flying
                        in the military but you can mitigate the risks, you cant mitigate stupidity,

Comment

Working...
                        X