Super Cub Air-to-Air

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Cub Air-to-Air

We had a gorgeous evening in Cincinnati to get some air-to-air shots of my brother's Cub. Enjoy!
    Attached Files
    Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
    World Speed Record Holder

Re: Super Cub Air-to-Air

Originally posted by Peashooter
    We had a gorgeous evening in Cincinnati to get some air-to-air shots of my brother's Cub. Enjoy!
    Sweet Peas... nice light, nice prop arc, nice backdrop... ya nailed it!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Fantastic Rudy !!!
      Jeff Loewe
      www.jlofoto.com

Comment

I like Peas
        By the way, what year model is your brothers Cub?
        Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
        My Photos
        My Ride

Comment

Thanks guys! The camera was being handled by Stephen Gallagher -- recuited on the spot from the ramp, nonetheless. Shot with my bro's Nikon D-70 with a 38-120ish lens, I believe. I know it wasn't the mondo IS lens.

It's a 1968 PA-18-180 redone by Cubcrafters in 1995. It's basically a new airplane. These are now being marketed as Top Cubs with new data plates.
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

A couple more including a shot of "Lunken Tower, Super Cub and Champ flight of two, turning final, 21L." Oh, and guess who else was parked at KLUK last evening!?!

PS The photo plane: http://www.aafo.com/hangartalk/showthread.php?t=2356
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Peashooter; 04-14-2006, 12:12 PM.
            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Nice pics Peas.....adjusted this one a little, I may of got too much yellow.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by King
                Nice pics Peas.....adjusted this one a little, I may of got too much yellow.
                Thanks King, looks nice! I'll admit that all I do is crop and resize to post. Otherwise, they're right off the chip. Peas
                Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                  Hey King...looking a little green-ish. Peas had his post prodution profile right on according to my monitor. Just a heads up, may want to look into some calibration software.

Fun shots!!!
                  Isn't it kind of expensive and is there a difference between companies? Is it OK to buy a cheap one?

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by tvrphoto
                    Hey King...looking a little green-ish. Peas had his post prodution profile right on according to my monitor. Just a heads up, may want to look into some calibration software.

Fun shots!!!
                    Thats the problem.............I am from South Texas, ain't nothing green here so I don't know what it really looks like!

Comment

So why is the camera always catching the prop in the same location in all 4 shots above? Hmmm?

Scientific American mag had an article a few years back on the "Pendulum Principle", where two moving bodies tend to mimic one another, e.g., props on a twin, when running in synch, tend to have the props in the same clocked position, or two pendulums in separate clocks will tend to swing in unison over time (left to right, in synch) -- but how would the click of a shutter on a digital camera synch with the rotation of a single prop? It was my brother's Nikon D70 slaved to 1/250, otherwise it was on full auto.

Any physicists out there?
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG

Comment

Working...
                      X