PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Air Show Report

AAFO_WSagar
04-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Victor's set to get busy and we can't wait to see what he gets with the new camera stuff!

Get ready for the 2006 Wings over Gillespie Air Show, Gillespie, California

http://aafo.com/airshows/2006/gillespie/02.jpg
click here or image above for report (http://aafo.com/airshows/2006/gillespie/)

Special thanks to Victor Archer,

Enjoy!
:dunno:

Victor Archer
04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Thank you Wayne!

Well boys and girls, I just found out the Planes of Fame N9M Flying Wing had an engine fire and will not be at the Gillespie show, most likely it will not make Chino's own air show either :(
The Mig 21 will be making a couple passes on Saturday, don't blink though you will miss him.

I will be covering a number of air shows this year and may have a an interesting view or two to share with all...

Victor Archer
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
A little update on the show this weekend:

China Doll, Flying Wing and Zero are not coming.

However, there will be pyro at Gillespie Field for the first time ever! At 12:30 flying begins with 2 AD6 Skyraiders re-enacting close air support bombing runs done in Vietnam. Then at 3:30 the Condors, Chuck Hall in his P-51 and the Planes of Fame's P-40 will engage the enemy in a mock dogfight. Both of those demos are Sat. and Sun, with practice on Friday

Hmmmmm... 2 AD's. I love the smell of naplam in the morning, (ok so it will be lunch time) :dunno: :D

sierra fox
04-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Victor,

Any idea whos flying in at Roseburg in June?
They show a picture of a Sea Fury doing the smoke show. Would that be Argo or Getch's?

Anthony

Victor Archer
04-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Anthony, Getch was there last year. I know someone on the board of directors I'll send him an email and see what's up for this year.

SCEPTER
04-20-2006, 08:05 AM
where is Roseburg?

sierra fox
04-20-2006, 08:14 AM
Thanks Victor and thanks for the photo,another great one :)

While on the subject,i'm driving up north(modesto) for a funeral on this Friday and was hoping to do some hangar spying and wondered if you guys know of any warbirds that reside in the area?

Anthony

MustangFan
04-20-2006, 10:12 AM
where is Roseburg?

In Oregon. About halfway between the California-Oregon state line and Eugene. Just off of I-5.