Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F-22 Raptor makes it's first civilian airshow appearance(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-22 Raptor makes it's first civilian airshow appearance(?)

According to the kid who shot the photos, the Raptors seen on this page are the first ones to visit a civilian airshow. The shots are at the 2006 Sun&Fun in Florida...

Re: F-22 Raptor makes it's first civilian airshow appearance(?)

Originally posted by AirDOGGe
    According to the kid who shot the photos, the Raptors seen on this page are the first ones to visit a civilian airshow. The shots are at the 2006 Sun&Fun in Florida...

It would be great to see a demonstration at Reno!

Jarrod

Comment

I can't wait to see a Raptor in real life. I bet it could put on an amazing demo!

Michele

Comment

I saw the F22 (and took pics with a big lens) at Edwards AFB airshow back in '99 or 2000. It was definently cool. I also saw the "Last flight" of the SR71 as well.

Will

Comment

Originally posted by spacegrrrl
          I can't wait to see a Raptor in real life. I bet it could put on an amazing demo!
          Raptors will be around for the rest of our lifetime...

It's the Strike Eagle demo that you'll only be able to see at airshows until 2025. See 'em while you can!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
            It's the Strike Eagle demo that you'll only be able to see at airshows until 2025. See 'em while you can!!

I miss watching them Dark Greys launch on the night go's when they were at Luke many moon's ago.

Comment

I might have mentioned this once before... I used to be a weapons guy (Load Toad) on the F-15E... to this day that is my favorite jet out there. I was in the 492 at RAF Lakenheath then later the 550th at Luke. I was in the Squadron the day the last F-15 left... a sad day (I then went across the ramo the the 308th to work the F-16's)

Oh, and I finaly got to see the Strike Eagle demo this weekend... KICK's MUCH A$$
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

The Raptor sure looks like a big sucker. That shot of the heritage flight makes the F-15 look small compared to it...and the Mustang looks positively tiny. Maybe we'll luck out and they'll bring one to Reno to show off
                Mark Johnson
                Strega Fan since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by MustangFan
                  The Raptor sure looks like a big sucker. That shot of the heritage flight makes the F-15 look small compared to it..
                  That's funny, my impression was "its not as big as I expected." I was thinking it was going to be a LOT bigger than the F-15, but to me it looks about the same overall size. A bit more wing area and quite a bit more bulk (a lot of that is probably the internal weapons bays) but more or less the same overall dimensions.

Of course the F-15 makes everything but the F-14 and F-111 look pretty small, too.

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum

Of course the F-15 makes everything but the F-14 and F-111 look pretty small, too.
                    Its funny how perception is. I remember reading in a book several years ago that the F-4 was somewhere in the size range of a B-25. You just wouldn't think that it could be as BIG as a twin engine bomber. But the Phantom WAS a big airplane. So then you start thinking, well....maybe the B-25 was just small.

I dunno....

Comment

Originally posted by 440_Magnum
                      That's funny, my impression was "its not as big as I expected." I was thinking it was going to be a LOT bigger than the F-15, but to me it looks about the same overall size. A bit more wing area and quite a bit more bulk (a lot of that is probably the internal weapons bays) but more or less the same overall dimensions.

One of the Raptor pilots at SnF told us the F-22 is "in the 50,000-lb class" when we asked him how heavy it is.
                      _________
                      -Matt
                      Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

in the 50,000-lb class
                        So roughly the same weight as a B-17G (55,000).
                        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

The F-15E's curb weight is about 30K, MTOW is 81K.

Here she is at about 70K over the Arabin Gulf.

Comment

WOW!
                            MTOW roughly 2.5 times it's empty? Sounds like an AD.
                            Pretty impressive.
                            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Now I can't let the fighter guy's have all the fun... The C-5's basic weight averages 372K, our MTOW 840K. How you like them numbers
                              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                              My Photos
                              My Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X