News worth its own thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News worth its own thread

I haven't posted in over a year, but there is some news buried in the bottom of another thread that deserves top billing here:

Dear XAR fans,

The programmers that developed XAR have formed a new company. We're coming out with a new version that has air racing in Las Vegas area called Thunder over Vegas - Unlimited Air Racing. Should be out this summer. Also have USAF Thunderbirds game coming out. Also have some copies of XAR if anyone is interested. Thanks, Pat Hunt, patrickhunt@cox.net
    That is all, move along now.

Re: News worth its own thread

Pat, looking forward to more XAR . Do you have any MAC Apps in the works? Mike

Comment

I did a look-around for "Thunder over Vegas", and it would appear that it and the "USAF Thunderbirds game" are one and the same, or the projects were merged into one. The page has no mention of air racing in any form...

The site also says Thunder over Vegas will be out in early 2006, but I cannot find it mentioned or offered anywhere. A google search only comes up with the siliconguardian.com site and this AAFO thread:

...Keeping my fingers crossed that a new Unlimited Air Racing game is still in the works.

Comment

Gentlemen,

Thunder over Vegas Thunderbirds game now in Beta testing.

Silicon Studios will also be releasing Air Racing game based on Las Vegas Air Races later this summer.

Watch aviation nation web site for details. http://aviationnation.org/

Thanks for interest!

Pat Hunt

patrickhunt@cox.net

Comment

Good to seem some PR on a website... I hope these games actually reach the shelves. It is too bad that the fire-fighting "air attack" sim isn't available in a commercial game form.

Comment

Well, it is the end of the year and I haven't seen any news on the status of these two sims. Still in beta testing? Or never to be released?

Comment

Fresh news from Pat:

Thanks for checking - doing beta testing on Thunder over Vegas now, will be on sale in Jan.

Air Racing to follow, probably in late spring.

Happy holidays.

Pat

Comment

I stopped getting news and now the web page is long gone. I guess these projects went away

Comment

Thunder Over Vegas! doesn't seem to be 100% dead yet.
                  The website has broken links, most importantly the "buy now" link, but I have not see this before:

Comment

If ya got FS2004 and Windows XP and hi-speed internet, come to PROPS Racing for the best cyber airracing. We hold online events every Tuesday & Thursday and have accurate timing and scoring, automated pace planes, 5 different Classes and more.

We've been doing this for over 4 years and plenty of excitement is on tap. It's common to see six planes seperated by less than 2.5 seconds after six laps.

There is also Cross Country racing and a new adventure we call '3D Extreme Challege' It's akin to flying through a couse created of picture frames and you'll be in a modified Pitts Bulldog to take care of the aerobatics.

Come out for the fun!
                    Gary
                    PROPS Racing

'Darn, couldn't get to the TOV download!

Comment

Working...
                    X