T6 speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T6 speculation

As Wayne stated, we all like to hangar race, so lets speculate about the T6 Class. Last year was the T6 Classes fastest field ever; cutoff to make the field was 208 mph.

Since last year, the T6 class has voted in many new rules, one of them is to use 100LL only. With this change will we see speeds over 235 this year? Will the fuel change result in closer racing, just same the parade, or no change in speeds posted from last year. Last, will someone be banned for steroid use (fuel additives), sounds like possible testing this year.

Since we are waiting around for answers to the kelped ones keeper

Warren

Re: T6 speculation

HAHAHAHA.... Someone is going to have to change their pistons!!!
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Why the change on racing gas? Is it a cost problem? I could see that, but the Gold class should be running racing gas in my opinion, but I don't own one of these things, so what do I know.

Comment

well, there was a lot of gas switching going on last couple of years (between 100ll and 130, no cheating that I know of..) and some guys were seeing better times with 100 ll than with the 130. I talked to one engine man, i wont say who, but he didnt think that the 130 really did much for a the T-6.
        bob burns
        ex tow-3, now race 66 crew
        "dont mess with texas"

Comment

Should be some great racing in the T-6 class.

I don't think the 100LL will change speeds too much- we didnt see a huge horsepower increase with the higher octane- just temps that were a little more stable.

I think you will find the fast airplanes go fast, and the slow airplanes go slow...you know what kind of work it takes Warren.

You guys have been picking up a little bit with Jim's airplane every year-
          same thing we have done for 25+ years with #75....It's all the little things that add up to a lot.

I am looking forward to some really close competitive racing in the T-6's this year- All the best, RG

Comment

Working...
          X