No announcement yet.

Hey Goss we may not be geeks after all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Goss we may not be geeks after all.

Dwayne Dull... Don Dulls brother told me a while back about this. There is a name for Royal geeks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger's_syndrome

Re: Hey Goss we may not be geeks after all.

this explains everything...
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
      Dwayne Dull... Don Dulls brother told me a while back about this. There is a name for Royal geeks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger's_syndrome
      So being socially retarded and insensitive is now a disease?

It's getting to the point that any behavioral anomaly will not be your fault.

So if I tell my wife she looks fat in a particular outfit, and she takes offense, I can just say: "Oh, I'm sorry, I've got Asperger's syndrome."

She's not going to think I'm autistic. She's going to think I'm an a**hole.

Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead

that's me! >;^)>
        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by Propellerhead

It's getting to the point that any behavioral anomaly will not be your fault.

So if I tell my wife she looks fat in a particular outfit, and she takes offense, I can just say: "Oh, I'm sorry, I've got Asperger's syndrome."

She's not going to think I'm autistic. She's going to think I'm an a**hole.

Rob
          Works for Peter Griffin. Hey I'm just trying to lighten things up a little around here. I was going to post another story, but I think Wayne would have banned me. Right after he laughed so hard that it did internal damage. Look at some of the posts this week too. This board is full of people with it in some grade or another. Besides it kinda has a ring to it. The AAFO Asperger of the year award.

Here's my crew at yesterdays meeting.
          Matt=Red
          Yellow=Me
          Blue=Tova
          Attached Files

Comment

FNG,

It certainly would be an improvement to be called an "Asperger" though!!!

Rob

Comment

ya, but people still look at you funny when you say what sounds like "hey mike, you're an a$$burger."
              heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Gentlemen:
                Aspergers is a classic form of Autism. If you remember, the Vance family asked that instead of flowers, we donate to the Society to Cure Autism in Art's name, since he had an autistic grandchild.
                Certainly not a funny subject.
                Face it, Randy and Brad are geeks, pure and simple. Funny in adifferent way.
                Betty

Comment

Interestingly, I have a 4 year old son who has Autism, and he has MANY of the Aspergers traits listed in the Wiki article. He has bizarre social skills and no ability to read emotion (anger, joy) in anyone else, but is wicked smart when it comes to many topics; he can listen to songs through once or twice and memorize the lyrics, he can spell nearly any word you say to him phonetically, including some real hum-dingers like "parallelogram" and "dodecahedron". Since a lot of us "normal" people don't even know what the heck a dodecahedron is, it's a little scary that my 4 year old can visually identify it and spell the name.

All kidding aside, Brad and I have a lot of those asperger traits, too. Scary, heh heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                    All kidding aside, Brad and I have a lot of those asperger traits, too. Scary, heh heh.
                    As do Matt and I!!! I can't get Matt to sit still for 5 seconds, but put him on a project that involves an airplane and watch him go. Yet put him in front of a female and watch him run.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
                      As do Matt and I!!! I can't get Matt to sit still for 5 seconds, but put him on a project that involves an airplane and watch him go. Yet put him in front of a female and watch him run.
                      lol, what about that lady who put FLY NAVY on the Bear? that involves both aircraft and females.

Jarrod

Comment

then my head explodes...
                        heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by matt
                          then my head explodes...
                          I am so not cleaning up that mess! Ya all wait to see "the talent" I have lined up for this year. Wayne needs to get on those stickers so they can have something to pass out in the pits(Yes I'm being serious). Don't worry they are all girl next door types. No strippers here! I want a new record in t-shirt sales AGAIN this year. For more than one team.

Comment

Working...
                          X