X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Nick Nilmeyer

My prayers go out to Nick's family and friends

Re: RIP Nick Nilmeyer

Even though I never met the guy my heart is broken. With so few young people coming into aviation these days this is a HUGE lose. I love the part in the article about wash and wax airplanes and pay your dues. I truely admire those who will do anything to do what they love... even if it means their life.

Comment

In an age where airports are locked away behind eight feet of chain link and barbed wire, its especially sad to lose a new performer who understands the old fashioned ways. I learned to fly for free because the guy who taught me was taught for free by someone else who gave him a chance. Kids today can't hang around the ramp like we did. Nowadays I get hassled by airport cops for standing outside the fence with my camera.

My heart goes out to the family and friends who helped support his dream.
      No pixels were harmed, honest.

http://www.ignomini.com
      http://www.pbase.com/ignomini

Comment

I met Nick this past summer at Oshkosh. It was after he had performed and as my sister and I passed him laughing, he turned to another girl and said she should smile and laugh like we were because we had beautiful and genuine smiles. Every day that he performed after that, I'd drive him for his "clap lap" and would always talk about the beautiful smile that I greeted him with. We became friends and I talked to him about a month before he died-he had serious intentions to perform solo at Oshkosh 2006. I am very sad that his solo will not be seen this year, and I will truly miss HIS smiling face greeting me at his plane after "a beautiful day to fly"

Comment

I knew Nick in High School...not very well...but everyone knew who he was. He was the guy that made you laugh, the one who actually said what everyone was thinking...in class atleast. I had no idea that he had passed and would just like to send my sympathy to his friends (who were friends of mine), and especially to his family.

Comment

This man was far more than just an amazing pilot. He had such an intense appreciation for life, and I can't remember one moment with him when he didn't make me smile, even through tears. Never have I known a man who could love so free of judgement and condition.

The world will never be quite as bright as it was with him in it.

I love you Nikki

Comment

Working...
            X