1/32 shackleton spinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/32 shackleton spinner

anybody have an idea on where to get one? or a 1/32 late griffon spitfire spinner would work equally well.
    heh heh alriiiight

Re: 1/32 shackleton spinner

Originally posted by matt
    anybody have an idea on where to get one? or a 1/32 late griffon spitfire spinner would work equally well.
    Matt do waht I am doing on my 1/4 scale Precious Metal. Use a p-51 front spinner and make the aft prop spinner yourself. You will not find a Shackelton model.

Comment

If you follow FNG's advice, you'll have to reshape the 'stock' Mustang spinner. A Shackleton unit is more pointy, and thinner on the front spinner.

Several years ago someone did an RB-51 in 1/32, and used an old Skyshark prop unit. But that is a fairly rare kit, and doubtful you'd find it.

My advice is just to thrash one together yourself. Blow up the three-views to 1/32 to get the proper shape and size, and start sanding. Even better if you can turn it on a lathe.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
        Even better if you can turn it on a lathe.
        Gee Matt who do you know that might have a lathe Or we could get a small R/C spinner and cut that up. I maaaaaay have a few.

Comment

Do you mean like the one in this magazine?????

Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
          RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Yeah, Randy...that is the exact article I was referring to. That was the magazine that inspired me to do MY first RB model, oh so many years ago.

Comment

Maybe a 1/32nd Matchbox Spitfire 22/24 spinner? It looks pretty good by my recollection.
              Chris...

Comment

Good call Chris- That is what I was going to suggest too...RG
                RIP 03/17/10

Comment

My Dad did a arcticle years ago about mongram doing a model of the red Baron mongram wasnt interested Shawn

Comment

When I did my 1/32 RB-51 I used the Mk 22 Spitfire spinner and I believe that I attached a piece of 1/2 PVC to make it the right length..

Comment

Matt - I have a couple of the old FROG Avro Shackleton kits, that are buried-away in storage, but I believe they are either 1/72nd or 1/48 scale (think 1/72). Bought them back in the late 1970s specifically to do an RB-51 modded Hasegawa P-51 kit, and the prop/spinner setups were a pretty close match for that scale. Have an old Fine Scale Modeler mag someplace with an article on an RB-51 scratchbuilt project. BuckyD

Comment

Bucky, We gotta get you registered here at AAFO! All the best,RG
                        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
                          Bucky, We gotta get you registered here at AAFO! All the best,RG
                          Hummn... actually, I think Bucky does have a reg on file.. I'll dig and see and have the board send him a login reminder... (password stuff)

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            Matt - I have a couple of the old FROG Avro Shackleton kits, that are buried-away in storage, but I believe they are either 1/72nd or 1/48 scale (think 1/72). Bought them back in the late 1970s specifically to do an RB-51 modded Hasegawa P-51 kit, and the prop/spinner setups were a pretty close match for that scale. Have an old Fine Scale Modeler mag someplace with an article on an RB-51 scratchbuilt project. BuckyD
                            lol, how much?
                            heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Hi Wayne (& RandyG!) - I tried retrieving my password awhile back via your site but it didn't recognize me - probably 'cuz my email has been changed since going to new computer & dsl service. Would like to get back onboard the site. BuckyD

Comment

Working...
                              X