Heritage flight training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heritage flight training

My brother Mike emailed me and out at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base they were training for the Heritage flights. They had a P47, Two P51's, and an F86. The F86 had a landing gear fail on a landing and made the local news . The Air Force had an A10, F15, F16, and an F22 flying with the oldies. It's getting closer to Reno!!!!!
    Jay Smith

Re: Heritage flight training

Originally posted by J.SMITH
    It's getting closer to Reno!!!!!
    175 days 12 hrs 7 min 57 sec.

Jarrod

Comment

Originally posted by J.SMITH
      The F86 had a landing gear fail on a landing
      As in, the pilot "failed" to lower it!

Comment

He was suppose to be some hot shot F-15 pilot too.When he heard the drop tanks scraping the ground,he lowered the gear.A little late don't you think???

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
          He was suppose to be some hot shot F-15 pilot too.When he heard the drop tanks scraping the ground,he lowered the gear.A little late don't you think???
          Yeah...you got it right....just some hot shot. 4,800 hours in the F-14, 34 combat missions, and a Bronze Star. You're welcome at any time to go tell him that his sh*t is in the street and straighten his clown act out...

After 26 years in the U.S. Navy, 34 missions in Desert Storm, and accumulating more F-14 Tomcat hours than anyone on the planet, Dale "Snort" Snodgrass is just getting warmed up.

Capt. Dale O. Snodgrass retired from the U.S. Navy in 1999 as "high-time" pilot in the F-14 Tomcat with over 4,800 hours and over 1,200 carrier arrest landings. Although his Navy career is over, his love for flying continues. He has joined the AT&T Military Team and represents AT&T flying a variety of vintage warbirds.

Talented enough to fly nearly any aircraft, Snodgrass had flown Tomcat demos at air shows for 14 years and has performed over 500 low-level performances. He is surface-solo and formation-aerobatics qualified in an F-86 Sabre, P-51 Mustang, F4U Corsair, T-6/SNJ Texan, MiG-15, and 8KCAB Super Decathlon.

The son of a test pilot, Snodgrass was raised in eastern Long Island, New York. He attended the University of Minnesota on a Naval ROTC scholarship, graduated with a B.Sc. in Biology and earned All-American status on the University of Minnesota Swim Team.

Snodgrass set new standards as a Naval Aviator. He was the first flight school graduate to be selected for F-14 Tomcat training and the first non-fleet experienced pilot to carrier qualify, both night and day. In 1985, the U.S. Navy selected Snodgrass as Fighter Pilot of the Year. As the best F-14 pilot in 1986, Grumman Aerospace named Snodgrass "Topcat of the Year."

During Operation Desert Storm, Snodgrass was Commander of all U.S. Navy F-14 Tomcats for Fighter Wing Atlantic.

He led 34 missions as overall Strike or Fighter Lead in 12 operational Fighter Squadron/Wing tours and earned numerous honors including a Bronze Star for leadership and valor.
          How's the view from atop that ivory tower where nobody makes a mistake?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
            Yeah...you got it right....just some hot shot. 4,800 hours in the F-14, 34 combat missions, and a Bronze Star. You're welcome at any time to go tell him that his sh*t is in the street and straighten his clown act out...

How's the view from atop that ivory tower where nobody makes a mistake?
            "For every good deed you get one atta boy. Get 1000 atta boys and you are a hero. Get one aw s**t and you start back at the bottom". Quote by Doug Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
              "For every good deed you get one atta boy. Get 1000 atta boys and you are a hero. Get one aw s**t and you start back at the bottom". Quote by Doug Martin.
              I thought the quote was:

"You can spend your life building a thousand bridges, but if you soak one cork you won't be remembered as a bridge builder when you die. You'll be remembered as a cork soaker."
              **moderator's note... changed a word or two as per SNL national broadcast system standards... **

Comment

Phew... when I "OK'd" that anonymous post, I had no idea of the emotional response it'd get..

_Normally_ I don't approve that type of critical post, since it didn't name the pilot directly, (and I didn't know who he was) I didn't see any "harm" in letting it through..

Ewe guys think I ought to move this thread to the "restricted" zone so you can discuss it in the open and say what you really feel..

Remembering this is a "G" rated (for the most part) site..
                Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I don't think there's any reason to have to discuss this in private, personally.

Pilots -- even highly experienced ones -- make mistakes. Anyone who thinks they don't is living in a fantasy world.

This goes in the same category as the Art Vance crash; another reminder that no matter how much flight time you have, no matter how many airplanes you've flown, no matter what you've done in an airplane....everyone, and I mean everyone is susceptible to making a mistake with potentially HUGE consequences.

A very prominent warbird pilot commented to me after hearing about Snort's misfortune, "There but for the Grace of God go I."

All I can say to that is, "2"!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                    I don't think there's any reason to have to discuss this in private, personally.
                    LOL.. I wuz thinkin more along the lines of the ** stuff...

Remembered a vid clip someone sent me from an episode of Saturday Night Live... changed out your wording, slightly, IMHO.. if they can say it on NBC, we can write it on AAFO....

Tally-ho

Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Speaking of the Heritage Conference....

Here are some shots I got on Sunday afternoon

Heritage 06 Photos

Enjoy!
                      Sky Critter

Comment

Working...