Air Racing in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Racing in Seattle

Okay, so the closest thing will be some fly-bys. Regardless, the Seattle Museum of Flight will be hosting a featured event focusing on air racing, both current and historical. In addition to the fly-bys and static planes--including several current racing aircaft (including Unlimited, T-6, IF1, and Biplane racers)-- there will be guest speakers, scale models of historical racers and (to add a touch of blatant self-promotion) up to 30-some of my photos from Reno! It ought to be fun!

Muesum of Flight
    "Air Racing Weekend"
    www.museumofflight.org/visit/calendar/display.html?Date=2002-07-20

Kraz Avian-Photography
    www.krazations.com
    Attached Files

Does sound like fun Krazter.. wish I could make it but I'll be diggin in getting caught up and then ready to get further behind by flying off to Osh next week.. I'm sure you'll do us proud with your coverage though.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oshkosh? Gee, no sympathy from me then! Just kidding!

I just checked out the display at the museum and Furias is already on the ramp (as of Friday evening), as is the P-51 Val-Hala (owned by Bill Anders and raced in 1997 and 1999, placing 4th in Silver and 5th in Bronze respectively) and the F-8 Bearcat "Wampus Cat" (also owned by Bill Anders, raced in 1998 placing 2nd in bronze and 1999 finishing 8th in silver).

There are expected to be several more planes including several T-6's (Bob Jones' #8 of Crossings Aviation was on the Ramp late friday). Expected arivals on Saturday include some Bi-planes and a couple IF1 racers.

Indoor displays include several scale models, a couple trophies loaned to the museum for the event by Lee Oman (T-6 Race #4), and approximately 20 12x18 "Kraz" photos with reader cards with supllemental photos bring the total photo count to around 40.

All and all, I think it came together well considering the short timeframe in which to plan this event.

Kraz
      Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I can't make it down there Kraz......I have to work this weekend.....
        the other Wayne................

Comment

Our local airport does this every year a few weeks before Reno...Dave Morss and Jeff Lo are usually there with their planes. I can't wait for Oshkosh next week either

Comment

Working...
          X