Captial City Airshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captial City Airshow

Captial City Airshow in Sacramento wasn't to bad. Traffic was a B$#^& tho! Was nice to see Kitchen Pass there too!
    Attached Files

Re: Captial City Airshow

Just got home from sac.,not bad for there first airshow in years.There were a few warbirds,tom campo?(wildcat),tony banta brought his P-51(kimberly kaye)and his (I think) p-40,also a bearcat and t-28. All took to the air to give some wonderful flybys.I personally think next year will be even better.
    Jim Adams
    Blue Thunder 2 crew
    Picabo race 51 crew
    Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Here are a few more pics from the Cap. City. Talk about a learning experience. I got alot more to learn. Starting with making sure my damn lens is clean!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Capital City Airshow

I noticed in my pictures I took that they look grainy. How do I prevent that from happening? The whole blur thing is just going to take time and getting comfortable with my weapon to get a steady hand. The position of the sun for that Airshow sucked too! Lots of dark shots.

Comment

Re: Capital City Airshow

Originally posted by Eric
          I noticed in my pictures I took that they look grainy. How do I prevent that from happening? The whole blur thing is just going to take time and getting comfortable with my weapon to get a steady hand. The position of the sun for that Airshow sucked too! Lots of dark shots.
          Well to begin with, your using a Nikon D50
          All joking aside, I can't see the ISO you shot at on the EXIF data, but in the bright sun always use ISO 100. When you have strong backlite photos you can also get a lot of noise if you try to lighten the shadows in PS, don't know if that is what you did though. The EXIF did not tell me what lense you used either. I know they are expensive, but when shooting stuff a far away, it really pays to have the best glass available.

Comment

The lens is a Nikkor 70-300mm. Not the biggest lens but I am just starting out :P I think I need to take advantage of the free photography classes I got with the purchase of the camera. Haven't messed with PS and that is something I need to learn also. The ISO was set at 800. Looks like that was a bit much! Looking foward to learn as much as I can.

Comment

Came down from Olympia Washington to see the Blue Angels, (Wayne, did you see me waiving as I went through Vancouver).

Bought a new 1gig card. That may have been the problem.

Started shooting, got maybe 4 frames, and camera (Canon Dig Rebel, aka 300), just won't go. Says Err99, what the is that? Well, did all of the ritual things, clean battery contacts, lens constact, turn around three time, throw salt over my shoulder,etc.

Nothing won't do more the 10 frames in a row, many times only 1.

So, I drag my sorry #$%#, out to my car, and get the old film camera. Go buy 8 rools of asa200 and shoot.

Hey, that viewscreen is bright. Feel silly staring at the back of camera to see if I got the shot.

Anyway, shot 7 roles of film.

As to the problem, when I back to the car, I tried one of my old 512mb cards. Guess what, shot 50 frames in a row, no problem.
              So, I strongly suspect that the 1g card throws the cameras timing off.
              I don't know if the card is defective, or if the camera just can't handle it.

Any D300 drivers out there, let me know if you seen the err99. I will be calling Canon tommorrow.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Did you try formatting the card in the camera before shooting with it?
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                  Did you try formatting the card in the camera before shooting with it?
                  Never occurred to me. The other ones that I have came preformatted. However, that doesn't that they all will. Boy do I feel stupid. I was only in software development biz for 35 years.

I will try that, and post the results. Thanks for help.

Dan Plunkett

Comment

Working...
                  X