Ticket info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ticket info.

Ticket prices are up at airrace.org. Online ordering coming soon. Once again they are charging to get into the pits on Monday and Tuesday. It also states, as it did last year, that you need a general admission ticket in order to get into the pits. But again, there are no general admission tickets on Monday and Tuesday. So then how to get into the pits? I know how, because I went through it last year. It was a challenge.

This was one big confusing mess last year for those of us who bought the entire event general admission pass, and an entire event pit pass. When we tried turn in our individual pit pass tickets, for an entire event, pit wrist band on Monday morning, confusion ensued. It took about a 1/2 hour before they could figure out what was going on. Hopefully it will run smoother this year.

Re: Ticket info.

Originally posted by T. Adams
    Hopefully it will run smoother this year.

Comment

You guys are making this too hard.

Join NAG and buy a line pass. Its good for the whole week at any gate so you only deal with it once. One wristband, no lines each day and it saves you enough money to cover the NAG dues if you are going to be there all week.

The only catch is you have to pick them up before they start charging general admission. After that NAG moves their operation into the pits and you can't get to them. Last year that meant you had to get there by Tuesday around 5:00.

Any details yet for this season Betty?
      Bill Garnett
      InterstellarDust
      Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Hi Bill and other Inquiring Minds,
        No info yet for cost of Season Pass/Wristband or whatever you know it by. NAG is given the privilege of a discount on the wristband that is good for General Admission and Pit Pass for the entire week. You must be a NAG member prior to Reno to qualify for the discount. I usually sell them at the Temporary Headquarters/Customer Service shack behind the grandstands. Before the advent of charging for Pits on Monday and Tuesdays, NAG members had until Wednesday to buy their line passes. With racing and airshow scheduled on Wed., Tuesday was the cut off. I will know more when I go to PRS and make the arrangements. The info will be in the NAG "Professional Airracing" (our Newsletter) or you can PM me through this site.
        Betty Sherman, Treasurer
        National Air racing Group
        Last edited by ShermB; 03-12-2006, 10:22 AM.

Comment

$100 cooler delivery charge to the box seat? O MY..!

Comment

Where do you get that info?
            The price of your box seat ticket includes parking, and the right to have a cooler and contents delivered to your box. Otherwise, NO COOLERS brought into the seating area. The box seating also includes Pit Pass and upfront seating.
            The group I belong to has purchased three boxes and our members have no problem with with the price (about $275 each) for the whole weeks entertainment.
            Betty
            Cascade Warbirds

Comment

Miss Betty,
              You might want to check your 6 on the current RARA pricing. Look at the next section below "Bos Seating".

Comment

Below is from the RARA website on Box seat Hospitality.
                No $100 charge that I see.
                Could be new rules in the info sent out to Box Holders, which should be out soon.

"Enjoy the races from your private box on the flight line, with food and beverages delivered in a cooler. Box Seat Packages require a minimum of 10 seats. Your Box Seat package includes Pit Passes and VIP parking good for all four days.

The reserved parking area, located within the main gate, is within easy walking distance of the grandstands, box seating, and pit entrance."

Comment

Please read on, I insist.

Enjoy the races from your private box on the flight line. Your Box Seat package includes Pit Passes and VIP parking good for all five days. You can add seats to your box up to a maximum of 15 seats per box.

box row price - 10 seats additional seat
                  Front $ 3,000.00 $ 300.00
                  Mid $ 2,900.00 $ 290.00
                  Rear $ 2,850.00 $ 285.00

You may elect cooler service to your box at the time of your box seat purchase only. Cooler delivery charge is $100 for the first cooler/first day, and an additional $50 for additional coolers and additional days. For example, if you wish two coolers delivered to your box each day Saturday and Sunday, the total cooler delivery charge would be $200 [$100 for the first cooler on Saturday, plus $50 for the second cooler on Saturday, plus $50 each for the two coolers delivered on Sunday.]

first cooler
                  one day additional coolers
                  additional days
                  $ 100.00 $ 50.00

Comment

Your are right.
                    I missed that.

Comment

I guess the rumor last year of not allowing coolers in the boxes was pretty much true.

Just make it ridiculously expensive to have them.

Comment

My pleasure Jay and thanks. I reckon this is not the time nor the place to vent on RARA's decision making skills, but to charge to deliver an ice chest to a box is like taking a roast beef sandwich to a fish fry.

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up, Danimal I stand corrected.
                          I checked the website as you suggested, read the "fine print" and called the Adjutant and the CO of my Cascade Warbirds with the info. They used strictly military language to voice their displeasure, We have Moya Lear's box on the Home Pylon in the "A" row as well as two other boxes, so you know what they paid. The beauty of it has been the ability to have your ice chest and goodies delivered each day. We have even had a gas powered Margarita mixer. Everyone contributed fixings, and certainly did'nt spend $50 or $100 a day.
                          Betty

Comment

.....I do miss being at the races.....

........I don't want to support RARA !

.....they reek of "Chicago Style" when it come to the money thing...
                            (and other actions....)

Best of Luck to All the racers...

Goodnite,and Good-bye
                            Mayday51
                            Jim Gallagher

Comment

Re: Ticket info. - coolers

Originally posted by Danimal1
                              $100 cooler delivery charge to the box seat? O MY..!
                              Based on clarification from the RARA office of how this charge is applied, the explanation on the Web site has been changed to:

You may elect cooler delivery service to your box at the time of your box seat purchase only. Cooler delivery charge is $100 for the first cooler, and $50 for each additional cooler for the entire event. For example, if you wish two coolers delivered to your box, the total cooler delivery charge would be $150 [$100 for the first cooler, plus $50 for the second cooler.]

I also understand that no coolers whatsoever will be permitted through the gates.

Regards,

Mark Johnston

Comment

Working...
                              X