Lancaster Bomber Caught Flying in Google Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancaster Bomber Caught Flying in Google Earth

Found by a link at digg.com. A Lancaster bomber caught in flight with google earth. Very cool shot. Wonder how many other rare aircraft could be found on these satellite images. The link has a placemark that will open in up in Google earth, worth checking out. http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archi...ter_bombe.html

Reminds me of the earlier "Ultra Rare" thread by Victor Archer.
    I am the Mouse

Re: Lancaster Bomber Caught Flying in Google Earth

That's pretty cool right there. Absolutely astounding how for man has come in the last 100 years. Neato!

I like your dog.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

The image is at 52 20 10.87N 0 11 43.34W

If you have GE, then copy & past and it will take you there.

Steve

Comment

That is way cool!
        I discovered a twin flying over vinyards near my folks house in Napa, but other than that I've mostly been staisfied snooping the airports for interesting planes. The day they collected the image over the Livermore airport, there was a B-17 on the field parked near the gas pit. It's not one I recognize. There are also some interesting rides on the ramp at Edwards.
        Bill Garnett
        InterstellarDust
        Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Not sure if you have ever tried it, but Microsofts http://local.live.com/ is amazing. Zoom in and click the "Birds Eye" view. Only a few cities available like Seattle. The interface is a little clunky, being still in beta, but well worth looking at.
          I am the Mouse

Comment

You should give it a go. Google has done a great job with Google Earth...and it's free and user friendly!

Comment

Working...
            X