there is music in the air.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there is music in the air.....

I don't know if Kraz was there, but I suspect he was, so I won't steal his thunder.....

The warbird prescence at the Arlington EAA fly-in was pretty significant (IMHO) including more than one unlimited racer. As well, there was a P-51 "Flying Dutchman" that was giving rides.

There was merlin music in the air almost all day long......................
    the other Wayne................

Yup!

Arlington? Of course I was there! Though, I have been so increadibly getting stuff together for the "Air Racing Weekend" at the Seattle Museum of Flight that I haven't had much of a chance to shuffle through the 200+ pictures from Friday at Arlington. Heck, I am behind on getting pictures up from the Gathering of Warbirds and Reno PRS. AAAAARRRRRGH! I will throw a sample or two up tonight after work as a teaser nonetheless.

Kraz~

Comment

Glimpse from Arlington

While the little Edge 540s are fun to watch while they twist and turn in ways that break convensional understanding of physics, and Eric Bread in his Yak 54 will make those on the ground air-sick from simply watching-- the slow, lumbering, 4000 pound T-6 is still my favorite. In the hands of John Mrazek, the Harvard (yes, he is Canadian) "Pussy Cat II" is put through a series of low-level routines that is as awe-inspiring as it is gracefull....
      Attached Files

Comment

....'specially when the engine coughed inverted.

what really impressed me (and I have seen all the big name acts at least once) was the gal in the Cessna 150 aerobat... ... For doing so much with so little airplane, she gets my vote...pity is I did not catch her name....

Comment

Summer Goodwin

Her name is Summer Goodwin and she was flying a standard 110 hp Cessna 152 Aerobat with Cessna 180 wing struts and quick release doors (which, thankfully, she didn't need to demonstrate). Very gracefull, and having recently spent about 40 hours in a 152 myself, I have tremendous respect for anyone that can make it dance like she did. (And she was pretty cute too!)

Kraz

www.krazations.com
          Attached Files

Comment

Re: Summer Goodwin

Originally posted by Kraz
            (And she was pretty cute too!)
            Annnd.. the pictures of her are....

Wayne
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

BTW the plane is a 1973 150 Aerobat with an 0-200.....probably much older than this mysterious aviatrix whose pictures Kraz is hiding

Comment

Re: there is music in the air.....

Hey there guys, old topic, but thats my moms plane! Her name (the plane) is Purina, yes, like the dog chow, and was given to her for the checkered tail.

It is an unmodified 150, not 152, and has a 100hp engine.

Great photo op, and if you'd like i guess I could ask Summer for a pic

Blue Skies

Comment

Originally posted by skydivenow View Post

Blue Skies
                  Um, YEAH!!!

Comment

Summer also owns a Student Prince one of four (three flying) remaining in the world.

Looks like there has been a name change. FAA database shows Summer Martell now.

Comment

Originally posted by skydivenow View Post
                      Hey there guys, old topic, but thats my moms plane! Her name (the plane) is Purina, yes, like the dog chow, and was given to her for the checkered tail.

It is an unmodified 150, not 152, and has a 100hp engine.

Blue Skies
                      My mom was a WASP, but I took all my primary from Amelia Ried, who also had a great Aerobat routine, including a low-level, inverted, till-the fuel-ran-out pass, which she performed for years at Northern CA airshows. Props to your mom.
                      Matt
                      Super Genius Rocket Scientist
                      NCAR Rocks!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X