Blackstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackstar

Off topic of course, but definitely of-interest to this group.

_________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Re: Blackstar

I bet Victor has pictures of it flying over head.
    Tony

Comment

Stevo may know better than I if they are still around, but at least one of the modified C-5's (They have no upper passenger deck) was in service last year.
      I have a friend who was a loadmaster, one of the few designated to load that aircraft. When he flew, he never told us where, or when, he just left for a few days, the nature of his job.
      My understanding is that they hauled all kinds of outsized cargo with them.
      Somewhere I have photo's of the inside taken at a Travis airshow about 10 years ago when I was there wth another friend that used to service the aircraft and recognized the tail number.
      C'mon Victor, no pics?
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

I have some very interesting stuff

Oh you'll never guess where the WB-57 went today......
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
          Stevo may know better than I if they are still around, but at least one of the modified C-5's
          Leo, you're talking about the C-5C SCM (Space Cargo Modified). I have a few pictures around somewhere... but even if I could find them right now I wouldn't be able to show you guys... not because they're Top Secret or anything. They were shot with film and I don't have a scanner
          The article on Aviation Now mentions a completely different sort of C-5, something about "cheeks" being added to the side of the fuse. Never seen that before
          While looking through my photo's I did come across this one. Thought I'd show it off...
          Attached Files
          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
          My Photos
          My Ride

Comment

Your right, those are the ones I'm thinking about. They sure have a lot of "open space"!
            My loadmaster friend was'nt doing anything "secret", just does'nt like to give details of his work!
            Amazing skills tho, he was in my car club in Vacavlle, and the places he used to guide our cars to park, he could get an 8' object in a 7' hole.
            You gonna be at PRS this year?
            Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
            airplanenutleo@gmail.com
            thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
              Amazing skills tho, he was in my car club in Vacavlle, and the places he used to guide our cars to park, he could get an 8' object in a 7' hole.
              HA! After you do something for so long it starts to take a hold of your life in certain ways. Never failed... anytime we would land at some airfield and have a 12 passenger van show up to haul 14 people AND their luggage we (the Loads) would end up packing everything in. Because we knew how to make it all fit. Let a pilot do it and it would take 4 trips
              To this day, when I'm cruising down the highway and I come up tp a Big A$$ truck I run through my head what it would take to get it on the jet.

Originally posted by Leo
              You gonna be at PRS this year?
              Nope, living in Oklahoma now puts me about 800 miles closer to Tunic than to Reno... so, that is where I will probably end up come June. I WILL be there in September though
              Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
              My Photos
              My Ride

Comment

Working...
              X