Slightly OT-website tweaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly OT-website tweaking

Trying to tweak the website. Nothing fancy, because I'm stupid when it comes to doing all this stuff. Not finished with all the font colors, it's just all blue now. Best resolution to view the site at is 1280 X 1024. I know that is streching it, but the people with 800 x 600 need to move on. LOL.

Does anybody know a simple way for me to set up Frontpage galleries up so that when you click on a thumbnail, it opens on the slate background that the rest of the site is on? Emphasis on the word SIMPLE. Right now it just opens on a white background.

Check it out and give me some ideas. www.timadamsphotography.com

Re: Slightly OT-website tweaking

One thing I just noticed is that Frontpage seems to compress the photos on the front page of the website. These are level 10 jpegs that look fine when you open them, but once imported into Frontpage they start to look like crap. Any ideas? Save them as level 12 jpegs?

Comment

Tim,

I'm not at all sure what current FP does with images, I still use a really dated copy to take the druge out of doing things like tables and such.. That said, I never "import" images, or don't think so anyway... I use only the FP editor portion of FP, not the graphic thing or the server thing..

Again, not sure how you're calling your images but you should be able to just make a standard image call shouldn't you?? (not running them through the FP image thingie?)

On the background question.... "easy" way is to just create a page for each image call... I don't think you're going to get the standard browser to show anything but the viewers default color behind just an image URL...

That said... even easier is to use a PHP script... I know, it sounds hard but it really isn't.

If you're interested, I'll send you the one I use, customized for you with whatever you would like in it... (i.e. caption removed/in there... copyright and such)

Calling this script with a java call can give you some neat options too..

All sounding harder than it is..

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

In school I'm learning how to use Dreamweaver. I really like it because its really easy to use, but its probably expensive.(I don't know because the school is paying for it) Does anyone else use dreamweaver?

Jarrod

Comment

Dreamweaver is probably one of the most popular site building tools. I'm just not willing to try to switch everything over from Frontpage.

Comment

Working...
          X