Miss Reno Formula 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miss Reno Formula 1

What ever became of Troy Channing's IF1 Cassut Miss Reno? I work with Troy's son Nate, who brought in some photos from the early 90's of the beautiful little racer. Troy died in the in-flight breakup of a Midget Mustang in 1994, and his sons are getting the itch to go back to the air races. Nate wasn't shure who owned the plane now, but he did say that he hoped it was still racing. Any info?

Re: Miss Reno Formula 1

What does it look like?

Comment

You might go over to http://www.if1airracing.com/ and ask a question on their forum as it's the Formula 1 class's website. I know that they have some info on the past and present aircraft on the site.

Michael

Comment

FXBob, I remember Troy very well.......

His #69 racer was inactive for many years after the accident-

Jay Jones and Larry Lechner brought the airplane to Reno a couple years ago, repainted and renumbered as #55.

Larry had an engine problem during qualifying and had an off runway landing- I didnt see the airplane after, but I did see Larry's injuries when he came to our "Warlock" party in a wheelchair- judging from the injuries he had, I would say the aiplane must have been pretty well destroyed.

Please tell Troy's son to stop by the Warlock pit if he makes it up to Reno for the races. RG
        Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
        RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Randy,
          Thanks so much for the info, and I'll tell Nate to stop by and say HI.
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X