Greetings From China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings From China

Just thought I would drop a line and say hi to everyone from Sunny freakin cold Beijing China. Wish you guys would quit living in the past (That's a joke people, HAH!) It's 6:30 AM Thursday here and 1430 back on the left coast, Wednesday. Not sure when we get back. I'll look for a picture or two you might enjoy.
    Gotta go eat breakfast.
    Later
    Bill
    Never mind. Maybe next year

Re: Greetings From China

what the hell are you doing there?
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

I thought that the internet was censored over there

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
        I thought that the internet was censored over there
        Well yeah, but not AAFO. Even the Chinese love Wayne! Just don't go to AAFO.org. That's like a parallel universe or something.
        Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
        Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Originally posted by matt
          what the hell are you doing there?

Bill asked me if I wanted take-out, matt.

So he's bringing me some mushu pork.

Comment

Bill-
            See if you can find any LA-9's

Paul

Comment

It's great weather here in Shenzhen, just outside Hong Kong. Yesterday was near 80f.

I spend about a month at a time here, making lots of stuff that you guys buy at Walmart and places like that. And people wonder why America has no manufacturing jobs. Oh well, as long as it keeps the warbirds going.

Here's a photo of me and my buddy, Deng Xaioping, at Lianhua Park overlooking Shenzhen, the city that Deng created. One country, two systems...Communism and Capitalism...you gotta love the Chinese ability to adapt and evolve. Of course, truth be known, China is the most capitalist place I've ever been. The problem here is the people have TOO much freedom.

Enough politics for one afternoon.

Steve
              Race 71
              "Southern Cross"

Last edited by srpatterson; 02-16-2006, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by srpatterson
                It's great weather here in Shenzhen, just outside Hong Kong. Yesterday was near 80f.

I spend about a month at a time here, making lots of stuff that you guys buy at Walmart and places like that. And people wonder why America has no manufacturing jobs. Oh well, as long as it keeps the warbirds going.

Here's a photo of me and my buddy, Deng Xaioping, at Lianhua Park overlooking Shenzhen, the city that Deng created. One country, two systems...Communism and Capitalism...you gotta love the Chinese ability to adapt and evolve. Of course, truth be known, China is the most capitalist place I've ever been. The problem here is the people have TOO much freedom.

Enough politics for one afternoon.

Steve
                Race 71
                "Southern Cross"

Well Steve, a funny thing. Your picture didn't happen for me. Not sure if it's a censorship issue. But, I'd be happy to come and meet you in September and discuss China if not airplanes. Oh well.
                In answer to another question, Horizon Air bought the only Q400 aircraft in China, (all 2 of them), and we are bringing them from Xi'an to Haikou, Jinan, Khaborovsk, Magadan, Russia, to Calgary. I am flying as an in-flight mechanic. HOPEFULLY things go good, except right now our tools and parts are stuck in Beijing due to some customs snafu. So, we are going sight seeing tomorrow, Terra Cotta Warriors, (look it up), and shopping.
                Should be fun. About the only thing I've seen so far is Scare Busses, 747's, and a couple of Y-7's. (I think they are knock-off AN-24's) Any ways, I'm keeping my eyes peeled. Looking for some additions to the FBO girls That's all for now.
                Bill
                P.S. The Mushu Pork's in the mail Speed
                Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Anyone get to Okinawa by chance ????

RJ

" Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Comment

Originally posted by rje71

RJ

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh................Kadena Air Base. Home of "Jack's Place" and some of the best Kobe Beef I've ever had. :-)

My favorite overseas station.

Comment

Originally posted by rje71

RJ

I used to go through Okinawa A LOT when I first started in the flying business. But, after Sept 11 those trips became very rare, we were all heading the other direction. It's been probably a year and a half, or more, since the last time I've been there.
                      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                      My Photos
                      My Ride

Comment

Stevo....

I have never had the chance to go .... I figured you would have been as well .....

Tiger Embroidery is somewhere I would really like to visit .. Have been sent some pictures in the past from there shop ..!

Speed.....

Did you fly out of Kadena often ?

RJ
                        " Aloha Raptor "

Thanks V.A.

Comment

Yep, the Tiger shop... used to be a "Gotta go" place for the newbies on the crew. Their walls were covered in just about every patch imaginable. And if they didn't have it, they could make it. Very cool place to go for the patch collectors. I've got a few of their patches hidden around here somewhere...
                          Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                          My Photos
                          My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                            Yep, the Tiger shop... used to be a "Gotta go" place for the newbies on the crew. Their walls were covered in just about every patch imaginable. And if they didn't have it, they could make it. Very cool place to go for the patch collectors. I've got a few of their patches hidden around here somewhere...
                            Yup, gotta agree with you there. Tigers was THE place...a couple blocks out the back gate of Kadena. We had all our 'unofficial' squadron patches, crew patches, and nametags made up there.

I did two deployments out of Kadena. Hands-down, that was my favorite place to fly out of in West Pac. Nothing like two BIG 12,000 foot runways to come home to after a long flight out over the swimming pool. Finish up the day with some Kobe from Jacks, a 'slice' from Anthony's, or a dog from Frank's Franks. That was also the place where you got the haircuts at the exchange, and the little Japanese ladies (who were standing on foot stools to be tall enough to REACH your head) would give you their "Kung-Fu Massage" after the haircut was done. The first time I got one of those, I thought she was trying to kill me. But afterwards it was like, hey....they need to start doing THAT at home!

Comment

Speeking of Okinawa, I can't remember the name of the bar but, does anybody have experience with the Banana Lady?
                              You'll get your chance, smart guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X