bearcat model ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bearcat model ideas

ok, so i got this 1/48 academy f8f model a few weeks ago and am having trouble figuring out which one to build (mind you i already have a rare bear model almost finished). it has an option to do either a -1 or -2 bearcat making it all the more confusing for me to decide.

anyone got ideas?
    heh heh alriiiight

Re: bearcat model ideas

Gunther Balz's #7 from 1969-70 was very unique and pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
      Gunther Balz's #7 from 1969-70 was very unique and pretty.
      Yep that would be a good one. Almost stock, has cool paint, but has the low drag tail cone and a spinner. Ironicly the same spinner Mr. Goss is trying to land on e-bay.

Comment

how about miss priss race 10 shawn

Comment

Would the model be suitable for Darryl Greenamyer’s “Conquest I", or have you done that one already?

I ran across this model by accident while looking up info on Darryl. You've probably seen it before:

Comment

Check out Red Pegasus, Keith does decals for two Bearcats, Able cat #70, and Toms cat #10 (Tonopah Queen). You can find him at:

Comment

How about one of the bearcats the Blue Angels flew?

http://www.firstblueangel.com/galler...t_Museum/First Blue Angel Bearcat under Tow.jpg

Michele

Comment

Something happened to your link Michele Anyway, HERE is one to the gallery were the photo's are located. I think that would def make a cool color scheme
                Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                My Photos
                My Ride

Comment

Matt Man,

I think it would be REALLY cool to use one of the old Testors/Hawk chrome Bearcats and build up Bud Fountain's #24 "Hawke Dusters"

I've got the kit if you got the time......hehehehe...RG
                  Last edited by RandyGoss75; 02-15-2006, 09:11 PM.
                  Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                  RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Comment

Randy,
                      If anyone takes you up on building a model of Bud Fountain's bearcat, I'd like to get pictures of the finished product. I work with his widow, and she loves that people still remember him. I think she'd be over the moon about a model being built of the bearcat. She said they used to have a Mustang with a jumpseat that they used to have, but I've never seen any pictures of it. She doesn't ever remember it being raced when Bud had it, but according to "Warbirds International" directory, it was the same Mustang that also flew as Tipsy Two, and the first Miss Ashley. It's last reported in Bernd, Switzerland.

Also, I've got tons of old avaition magazines in my garage just sitting there. If you want, come over and pick out what you want. Maybe that will save you some money on ebay! I still owe you for the plane ride. (BTW, I beat the ticket I got driving out to Yolo County 2Q3 that day!!)

C-YA!
                      Race 29
                      Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75
                        Matt Man,

I think it would be REALLY cool to use one of the old Testors/Hawk chrome Bearcats and build up Bud Fountain's #24 "Hawke Dusters"

I've got the kit if you got the time......hehehehe...RG
                        Ahem.....

DOOD???????????????????????

What am I? Chopped liver?

Comment

How about I send you a chrome one up with my Conquest kits and your hotwheel!!!

Oh, and don't take too long building them, I want you to have time to paint my helmet! OBR
                          Warlock #75, Steve Ballard, Al "Papa" Goss
                          RIP 03/17/10

Comment

Originally posted by RandyGoss75

How about I send you a chrome one up with my Conquest kits and your hotwheel!!!

Oh, and don't take too long building them, I want you to have time to paint my helmet! OBR
                            Bro...I have told you TIME AND AGAIN...all you gotta do is send them, and it shall be done. But somehow that helmet never gets here.....

Comment

That cover of Gunther's Bearcat is cool, because it reminds me of the golden era of warbirds, in my mind. That thing had a wet wing (the tips outboard of the fold), a baggage door, that cool spinner and afterbody, and a full IFR panel so you could go on top, or make an approach. Awesome paint, too. Just cool.
                              Those were the days. Now Corkey's Bearcat is painted blue! "The horror, the horror..."
                              Chris...

Comment

Working...
                              X