What about "Furias"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about "Furias"?

Long time reader of Hangar Talk but first time posting.
    I thought I read a thread a couple months ago about Bill Rogers and Dale Stolzer doing work on "Furias". Does anyone know if this awesome Sea Fury will be back at Reno in 2006?

By the way, I've thoroughly enjoyed the FYI's, pictures and information shared by everyone over the years. Thank you.

Re: What about "Furias"?

Originally posted by RJ Flying
    Long time reader of Hangar Talk but first time posting.
    I thought I read a thread a couple months ago about Bill Rogers and Dale Stolzer doing work on "Furias". Does anyone know if this awesome Sea Fury will be back at Reno in 2006?

By the way, I've thoroughly enjoyed the FYI's, pictures and information shared by everyone over the years. Thank you.
    RJ, welcome to the board and thanks for participating!

I spoke with Bill a while back and they were not ready for Reno '06 at that time and were standing down for *last year*. Bill and Dale are racers thru and thru to be sure but....

They no longer have the major sponsor that made life "easy" for them and I think funding will be a big issue whether we see them at Reno any time soon.

I sincerely hope they are able to make it and I'll make a point of talking with Bill soon to see if there is anything we can do to help the process.

We fans really do make a difference. Sometimes talking with our wallets as with Rare Bear, ,sometimes, just our interested words provide the extra push to make things happen. I suspect in the case of Rogers Stolzer Air Racing, a healthy dose of both would help a lot!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
    X