Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not "Air" Racing but looks darn interesting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not "Air" Racing but looks darn interesting!

THIS ought to be pretty darn good!

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Not "Air" Racing but looks darn interesting!

I've seen the commercials and am looking forward to seeing it. I don't go to theaters much anymore though, so I'll have to wait for it to come to DVD.

Comment

Looking forward to it!
      Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
      airplanenutleo@gmail.com
      thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Looks like a good movie, but hardly true. Autoweek pointed out in this weeks issue that the land speed racers are not happy with this movie. I do not know how the movie plays out, but offiically, this man never set any records.

Comment

I read about it during the weekend. Should be awesome.
          http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Man the closest theater to me showing it is 40 miles away

Red
            Red
            chanting...400+

Comment

Originally posted by T. Adams
              Looks like a good movie, but hardly true. Autoweek pointed out in this weeks issue that the land speed racers are not happy with this movie. I do not know how the movie plays out, but offiically, this man never set any records.

I just saw this movie.......I was sceptical about the quality of the movie before going. It was GREAT!!!

Also, here's a link to some good history of the man and machine. If this is fact, he indeed set some records.

Comment

He may have set "Indian" records, but not the worlds fastest motorcycle. Here is the link to the Autoweek info.

Comment

Hence the movie title: "The World's Fastest Indian"....JB

Comment

Originally posted by jbell
                    Hence the movie title: "The World's Fastest Indian"....JB

Yup.
                    He may not have set any "World Speed Records", but he set other records, and that's a record in my book.

It is truly amazing what he accomplished with that Indian Scout. The crude methods that he used making his own engine internal parts as well as cylinders. And starting out with a stock Indian Scout that would probably top out around 80 mph and getting that antique machine to go over 200 mph!

Very simular situation to what the Unlimited Air Racers are accomplishing today.

Comment

[QUOTE=WARPT]Yup.
                      He may not have set any "World Speed Records", but he set other records, and that's a record in my book.[QUOTE=WARPT]

After posting I thought about what I had typed and figured I would correct myself. Burt Munro did set a world speed record....(for an Indian motorcycle).

Ok, I will stop being so anal, go to my corner and be quiet. :c{P>

Comment

I saw recently this movie. One has to respect the dedication of Burt Munro to his dream.

I liked Athony Hopkins' way to pronounce motorcycle...sounded almost like swedish. ( swedes are our neigbours here ).

I rate it with ***** five stars.
                        http://max3fan.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yes Burt Munro is a kiwi legend, no one took him seriously when he said that he was going to build the fastest indian, so he set out to prove everyone wrong. There was a bike builder here in NZ in the early 1990s that had much the same attitude as Burt Munro, although unlike burt, this bike was completely scratch built, the builer was the late John Britten, and the bike was the britten. This bike was amazing, it had a sound that was unique and it was fast. to find out more check out:

This is a beautiful bike that is no longer built as the designer/builder passed away in 1995 after completing only 10 bikes.

Comment

Working...
                          X