• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nemesis NXT - TXT - And LXT

Interesting news......

Anyone have more info...

Re: Nemesis NXT - TXT - And LXT

a completed airplane with an engine and propeller can run about $275,000 to $300,000, Sharp said, "but you're gonna outrun everything on the planet."

Uh, maybe everything except the Lancair and Thunder Mustang that finished ahead of the fastest NXT last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Uh-sure
      Uh, maybe everything except the Lancair and Thunder Mustang that finished ahead of the fastest NXT last year?
      Relentless was running a totaly stock engine out of a piper malibu

wait till NXT year.....

Comment

Hmmm, a Sharp-designed LSA airplane?? I suppose they removed the cruise speed limitation from the LSA category?
        _________
        -Matt
        Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by SCEPTER
          Relentless was running a totaly stock engine out of a piper malibu

wait till NXT year.....
          I also hear that they made a change in the vert stab and are moving the engine forward becuase of cg issues. I don't think John got it right the first time around. Kevin will do whats needed.
          Tom

Comment

Is it in TN???
            _________
            -Matt
            Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dash
              The company that I fly for has got a prototype to begin testing in about a month. It would fit LSA other than speed. See if this gets your attention. A 2 seat airplane, 120 horsepower engine, CRUISES AT: 195mph (estimated), and fuel burn of about 6.5 gph (estimated). Now those last two are estimated, but we have reason to believe that the speed might be a little faster in cruise, max level speed around 235 maybe possible!? If anybody is interested shoot me a message. When it's all together and looking nicer I'll try to get some pics. The only pics that I have are of it with it's wings sitting on the floor beside it. Now that we've got the wings on, electronics wired, cockpit in place, ballistic parachute ready, etc. we'll work towards getting it airborne. Hopefully two at Oshkosh this next year.
              Hmm, sounds like my Long EZ: 170 kts cruise, 7 gph frm 130 hp with 52 gallon capacity.
              Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
              World Speed Record Holder

Comment

The General Aviation community is lucky to have such generous contributors with such forward thinking vision as the Sharps.

All hail

Comment

Working...
                X