Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Risky Business update....Wings are on her!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risky Business update....Wings are on her!

Just posted pictures from yesterdays work of putting the wings on Risky's fuselage. The progress from when I saw her on Turkey day 2006 has been fantastic. Great work Guys!!! New skin and all will be a blinding site this year at the event.

Go to.

and scroll to the bottom to see the process of how it's done. Be sure to click on the pictures to see them in a larger size of 800x600 from thumbnail size.
    Attached Files
    Randy Rheinschild
    www.Unlimitedair.com

Re: Risky Business update....Wings are on her!

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing.
    _________
    -Matt
    Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

To what standards are they rebuiding her? Back to stock? I didn't see any gun ports in the leading edges.

Aero

Comment

Looks like Risky will run with a clipped wing based on the aileron hinges in this photo:

The aft section of the coolant doghouse appears to be stock. Will there be a low-drag inlet, perhaps in a convertible "race kit" form much like Moonbeam had?

Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Folks,
          Judging from the photos the wing is pretty much the same with an indepth IRAN being done. The center rib looks to be new where the wings bolt together. It has been modified in the past in the gunbay area to increase the open area to add larger tanks for spraybar and ADI. The gun ports were removed in the past and are still gone. The doghouse has spray bars installed. The wings have a stock removable wing section and the picture referenced shows where that attaches. The removable wing section also has the outboard aileron attach point on the outboard rib of that component. If they use clipped wings a different wing tip is installed where the outboard wing section bolts on. You can't tell from that photo if it will be clipped or not. It shows the 2 normal aileron attach points but not the outboard attach.
          I'd say it is fairly stock looking but with the ability to go race if they want. How fast they want to go will be determined by what's under the hood.
          Now if I could get Frenesi bolted back together I'd be happy to be as far along as they are.
          Regards.
          Rich

Comment

Working...
          X