Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hughes Racer Replica: First Flight Story and Pictures!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes Racer Replica: First Flight Story and Pictures!

Jim Wright was kind enough to speak with us today and also provide photos of the first flight!

This is an amazing recreation, certainly it will become every bit as famous as Delmar's airplane, if not more so!

It is looking VERY good for Wright and company to bring her to Reno in September.. the good keeps getting better!

Best Reno Ever??? It certainly is beginning to look so!!!!!!!

Aviation History: Hughes H-1 Replica Racer first flight in Cottage Grove, Oregon, July 09, 2002..

Enjoy!!!

More coming as soon as they can get her flying again (prop problem was only squawk) and we can hustle down there to get some more photos.. !!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Unbelievable. What an amazing accomplishment. And thanks, AAFO, for getting the news out in such a timely manner. I've not been able to find information on this project anywhere else but here.

Stubby

Comment

Excellent article..!
      I'm glad that things are working out even better than they had hoped.......
      the other Wayne................

Comment

Nice Artical

The only thing better to look at than this plane on the ground is this plane in the air. Nice artical as well. All that is left is to hear that Pratt and Whitney.
        MattB

Comment

Thanks guys! I just managed to get over here and read your replies.. The crew down there are the nicest people! They make our job easy when they are so cooperative and forthcoming with great quotes and even pictures of the testflight!

We hope to have more as soon as we can..

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Hughes H-1 at Reno!

I just read in the RARA newsletter that the H-1 will be at Reno!

Stubby

Comment

Working...
            X