Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Just In - RARA Drops Jet Racing For 2006 - Unconfirmed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Just In - RARA Drops Jet Racing For 2006 - Unconfirmed!!

We are getting unconfirmed reports from reliable sources that RARA has decided to kill Jet Racing for the 2006 season...

Adding to this unconfirmed report with "EDITORIAL SPECULATION" since we also today received a flurry of press releases from the Rocket Racing League, we'll pose the speculative question, could a replacement of Jets with Rockets be in the offing?

Please, accept the above with the added qualifiers.. "Unconfirmed" and "Speculative"...

Feel free to hash it about.. if we're spot on.. remember where you heard it first.. if we're wrong..

Err...

We will attempt to contact RARA for clarification and or confirmation as soon as possible.
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: This Just In - RARA Drops Jet Racing For 2006 - Unconfirmed!!

well, it would be an odd change and a bit of a scary one. but it would be very interesting to see.

but i still think they should bring back t-28 racing

an unlimited lite class would be awesome too
    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

According to [url]http://www.metafilter.com/mefi/45607 ] racing to begin sept 2006. This will be intresting!
      Jim Adams
      Blue Thunder 2 crew
      Picabo race 51 crew
      Rapid Travel race 75 crew

Comment

Rocket Racing at Reno? One 'n done -- in spite of my love for EZs! VCs run amuck! Peas
        Attached Files
        Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
        World Speed Record Holder

Comment

No such info on RARA site at this time. There is an announcement that says Rockets in 2007. Did hear that there is a search for a new assistant to M. Houghten. Ellen Ward is retiring as of 17 March.

Comment

I too have heard rumors today about the jet class being cancelled at Reno 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by ShermB
              No such info on RARA site at this time. There is an announcement that says Rockets in 2007. Did hear that there is a search for a new assistant to M. Houghten. Ellen Ward is retiring as of 17 March.
              Hummn.. ya never Know Betty... maybe we'll wind up with an egg facial, mebbie we're spot on..

Only the shadow knows... muaaahhhaahhhaahhhhhaaaa!

Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Rocket Link

Comment

<wishes there was a graphic for "bites tongue">

Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

No big loss. Maybe they can schedule the F1 guys an hour later so they can get a little more crowd exposure.
                    Tom

Comment

Although I personally think rocket EZ racing is completely retarded, the exposure it would bring to Reno (even if a total flash in the pan) might just be worth it.

I thought the jets were dumb, anyway. Booooooooring. Unless, of course, there are any L-39 owners that want to let me race one. In that case, I'm in!

Comment

my vote.....
                        unlimited lites

second thought. Ag plane race
                        Mayday51
                        Jim Gallagher

Comment

AG planes would be great, but they probably would have to change the rules as many of them would fly too low!

Comment

Originally posted by mayday51
                            my vote.....
                            unlimited lites

second thought. Ag plane race
                            Ooooh, Ag planes on the Red Bull course running on ethanol! Where are my Birkenstocks?
                            Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                            World Speed Record Holder

Comment

unlimited jets would have worked

Comment

Working...
                              X