Sorry Bout That..... Server Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry Bout That..... Server Down

Server needed some work, a necessary reboot was not successful remotely requiring a reboot request to the DataCenter staff...

We were down for about 15 minutes.. hope nobody got caught mid sentence with a post!

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Sorry Bout That..... Server Down

OK with me, for a while I thought it was on my end.

Jarrod

Comment

I come in every day from work to check in here and today OMG no AAFO. I said some unrepeatable language which caused dh to run in to computer room wondering what happened I said I can't cook dinner til I've had my airplanes. LOL, it was a bad Monday at work. Thanks for popping right back, my sanity was at stake
      R

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
        I come in every day from work to check in here and today OMG no AAFO. I said some unrepeatable language which caused dh to run in to computer room wondering what happened I said I can't cook dinner til I've had my airplanes. LOL, it was a bad Monday at work. Thanks for popping right back, my sanity was at stake
        R
        LOL dineega.. I'll watch the time better when I do voluntary maintenence...

Actually, there was a little gremlin that was causing a hickup... I sweated (literally) all day to find it... tried everything I know, even hitting up the "guru" guys that I know for answers.. nada...

Sometimes "control+alt+delete" fixes everything...

I could have put up with the little warnings being sent to me every ten minutes by the server but... I figured.. geez... a reboot.. about three minutes, tops...

Nope... something wrong with the box, my remote reboot only shuts the bugger down and it doesn't come back...

I know there's a person or two here who knows linux...

shutdown -r now

*should* take her down as soon as all the processes are stopped and then, once down, start her back up again...

Operative word...

*should*...

Thanks for caring guys!!!!!!!!!!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thank YOU for staying away from that delete / self destruct button
          Rachel

Comment

Originally posted by dineega
            Thank YOU for staying away from that delete / self destruct button
            Rachel
            OH OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

I remember that session all too well!

Reminds me though.. I DO need to go in and do a DB backup for the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<pulls out linux cheat sheet - puts on thick glasses>

Wish me luck!

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
            X