No announcement yet.

Have you ever seen anything like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever seen anything like this?

Back in Oct I was part of a crew that flew out to Little Rock AFB to show off the gigantic C-5 Galaxy for their 50th anniversary air show. Being the airplane freak/airshow hound that I am I took off several times each day to see the sights and catch in some action. The first day out I spotted something I have never seen at ANY event; a camera shop out of Little Rock had brought in several digital camera set-ups to loan out to spectators... for FREE! And these weren't your cheap P-n-S cameras either, I saw them handing out many a D70 kit to anyone willing to leave a drivers license and credit card as collateral. Heck, they even had a 300mm F2.8 for the more experienced people to try out. At the end of the day when you returned the camera they would then download all the pictures to a CD for you to keep, again all totaly free. But I think the best part was the platform. Right next to show center (and behind their tent) they had an 18 wheeler bed setup as a platform for the people trying out their cameras... of course I talked may way on to the platform even though I shoot Canon and they were air show dealers.
    Attached Files
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: Have you ever seen anything like this?

I've heard of Canon doing this as well; I know they have a small building up at Oshkosh. Pretty much the same deal, and they have CPS services as well. Too bad they were closed when I ambled by . . .

P.S. They aren't at show center but Canon does have a few permanent platforms scattered along the crowd line as well.
    --Amy

-Tomcats and Red Mustangs Forever-

Comment

Re: Have you ever seen anything like this?

Good idea, wrong brand.

Speak softly, and carry a large white Canon.

Comment

Working...
      X