Ringtones??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringtones??

Got a new phone (changed to Cingular) and it's modern enough to accept mp3 ringtones...

Just fooling around with some old sounds and my mp3 software and created a ringtone out of a Critical Mass engine start from way back..

Got me to wondering if you guys would want to share ring tones for your cell phones?

Might be fun??

Here's the one I messed with.. sound is variable over the three files for comparison....

Let me know..

Wayne
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Ringtones??

Still playing.. here's another..

Lemme know if you guys and chixfly2's are interested in this "stuff"... also, if you are, then what format will your cell phone accept ringtones? Right now, mine takes mp3's and a few specific "ring tone file types". I can make the mp3's (as can anyone with an editor) but can't yet make the propritary ringtone files...

*if* enough are interested, I'll get the encoder as well as dig through my sound/vid files to grab some sounds for the purpose...

I'm having fun with it, folks are going to think I'm nutz when my phone...err.... roars by but.. what to heck, maybe they'll ask and I'll tell em all about air racing and spread the word!
    Attached Files
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne-
      I think you need a high speed pass in there, the idling, coming from a pocket, would probably just sound like prolonged flatulence...
      Your getting closer...

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
        Wayne-
        I think you need a high speed pass in there, the idling, coming from a pocket, would probably just sound like prolonged flatulence...
        Your getting closer...

Paul
        LOL... well that *could* be interesting...

The latest is a sort of high speed pass.. Just for chits&giggles... I'll make this part a quiz...

1. What airplane is in the flyby
        2. When and where......

I'm really just foolin at the moment with what audio files I have on hand also, capping some audio from some vids that are also on my HD..

I've got a LOT more audio stuff, just have not ever put the time into getting it setup and such..

Again, if there's enough interest, I'll do some more.. also feel free to upload your own ring tones if you want to share...

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

How about this one. Not mp3 but you could make it one... right?

Comment

Wayne, I would be SUPER interested in mp3 ringtones... if only my phone could use them. Sadly, I still use a cell phone that just plays different tones of little beeps. If I ever come into a new phone though you can be sure that I'll download one of your ringtones.
            Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
            My Photos
            My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
              http://avanimation.avsupport.com/sound/P-51.wav

Unreg... I *could* but the problem would be with copyright, just like we have with images...

If the recording is one that belongs to me, or to the poster who sends it in, then it'd be OK.. otherwise, we run into legal issues...

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
                Wayne, I would be SUPER interested in mp3 ringtones... if only my phone could use them. Sadly, I still use a cell phone that just plays different tones of little beeps. If I ever come into a new phone though you can be sure that I'll download one of your ringtones.
                Stevo,

Believe me, I understand the "old" phone thing.. My 'old' phone was a Motorola topodaline, two year old flip phone thingie but it was so far behind the current crop that it was pitiful...

That said, it was fine for me, usage wise but I got tired of paying Verizon Wireless for minutes that I didn't use one month, only to have to pay through the nose another month when I needed more minutes.. between that and paying for a land line with LD service, my telephony costs were way more than a guy on a "fixed income" can afford..

Cingular is cheaper per month/minute and the big thing, it has "rollover" for minutes not used.. that's HUGE!

I'm going to drop my land line and go totally cellular in about a week... Savings should amount to about $50. monthly for me and, I got a brand spanking new Motorola Razr for FREE in the deal..

Phone now takes pictures (not bad quality for 640x480) and video (pretty crappy quality but maybe able to change that in settings) allows color viewing of video, pictures, games... bluetooth wireless to a free headset that came with it..

All that and it's only about a half inch thick!

And did I mention... FREE FREE FREE! Free phones and rollover minutes made it a "gotta do" thing for me..

Ask me how I feel about the move after a month or so.. Verizon did offer an awfully good connection quality.. *when* you could connect (didn't work for squat where I spend a lot of my time and am moving to soon)

Anyway...

Looks like ringtones might be a new site addition... (free of course!) My phone just rang with the flyby one.. VERY COOL!!

No way I'm going to get confused and do the ... "is that you" dance next time my phone rings in a crowd...

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'd love to have a ringtone that's interesting. I have the Bear pass for my email notification and it rocks. I love seeing the look on people's faces at work when I can turn the volume up

I don't know if my phone will do those ring tones or not - I'll have to look into it.
                  cheers, Rachel

Comment

hey rachel, i dare you to turn it up really loud at your work and then scream "HIT THE DECK!!!!" hehehehe, >;^)>
                    heh heh alriiiight

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                      You guys are killing me!
                      I like the High Speed Pass also - better than the flatulence.

I have a friend whose cellphone has a special ring for his ex-wife. It says,

"ANSWER THE PHONE, WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER ME! ANSWER THE PHONE, WHY DON'T YOU ANSWER ME!"

over and over ...

It's hilarious!
                      LOL Dasher.. this reminds me of a joke, or was it really a transcript of something heard on on the frequency once by an airline crew....

After a particularly demanding session with a female FAA ground controler who got very angry with the pilot in question because he did not exactly follow her instructions...

A voice was heard on the radio... "wasn't I married to you once??"

You've probably seen this also but your message particularly reminded me of it..

Wayne Sagar
                      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I've got Cingular now, (older phone), service is (OK), but the one thing I HATE, is they appear to have "outsourced" there customer service. The last guy I talked to, sounded like Latka (Taxi), on helium. Couldn't understand a WORD this guy said. I'd pay a little more to hear a good old American accent, then trying to learn Urdu.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Apteryx
                          I've got Cingular now, (older phone), service is (OK), but the one thing I HATE, is they appear to have "outsourced" there customer service. The last guy I talked to, sounded like Latka (Taxi), on helium. Couldn't understand a WORD this guy said. I'd pay a little more to hear a good old American accent, then trying to learn Urdu.

Paul
                          Paul,

*MANY* companies have "outsourced" their TS and most have done it to India. There is a new "working class" in India from this, in fact. A few of them speak fairly good English, most, is seems, only have to possess the desire to occupy a seat with a headset on to qualify for the job!

I'm not sure if this is 100% correct, but, I've heard that if you say you are hard of hearing and request "a domestic" then you will be transferred to someone in the US..

NOW.. that said, I've had just as hard of time understanding support sessions with folks from.. errr... other parts of the US as those from India.. but it's always worth a try!

If you already have Cingular and it's been 2 years since you last got a phone, you should be able to upgrade phones for pretty cheap.. that, or you could always cancel service with them, then start over and get a totally free phone from one of their promotional resellers...

BTW.. you and I can talk to each other, any time of day, for zero cost as long as we're on our cells...

Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                            http://avanimation.avsupport.com/sound/P-51.wav

I have that same very sound as a ringtone on my cellphone.I'ts very loud and clear and very cool.I also have a nice pic of cloud dancer on my wallpaper...

Comment

Gotta get new phones in March, so maybe...
                              I use the Bear pass as an E-mail notice at work also. Considering my cube is FULL of air race junk it's accepted. The P-51 flyby on shutdown is O.K. also, but most like to pick on my startup. Guess on these little laptop speakers a P-51 starting up DOES sound like a tractor...
                              Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
                              airplanenutleo@gmail.com
                              thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
                              X