Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Intro.... Welcome to Time Machine....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Intro.... Welcome to Time Machine....

Hey everyone

I'm sure you've seen a photo or two from me.
    I noticed that this section has kinda died, well my father has been photographing aircraft since 1946 and I am in the process of preserving his images and I thought I would share some of them with you here on AAFO.
    http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
    http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Re: New Intro.... Welcome to Time Machine....

Victor,
    Did your Dad go to the Cleveland races in '46?
    John

Comment

Bring `em on Victor. I love the old photo's
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

Hi Victor here is one taken by my Dad it was in 1959 of the Ohio air Gaurd at Palm Beach Fl were my dad was station . Shawn
        Attached Files

Comment

Shawn, Ask your dad if he knew a pilot in the OHNG named Harry Roe. (Ltc. Harry L. Roe, Jr.) I know Harry through R/C flying. Old glow fuel fliers will recall Harry's "Roe-Go" hot fuel. Harry flew Mustangs with the 55th FG out of Duxford in WW-II. Peas
          Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
          World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
            Shawn, Ask your dad if he knew a pilot in the OHNG named Harry Roe. (Ltc. Harry L. Roe, Jr.) I know Harry through R/C flying. Old glow fuel fliers will recall Harry's "Roe-Go" hot fuel. Harry flew Mustangs with the 55th FG out of Duxford in WW-II. Peas
            Peas,
            If you have a contact for Ltc Roe I would like to contact him in regards to one of our mustangs. Bald Eagle is serial 44-73029. It served in the OHNG. There is a pic of it with the OHNG on page 48 in Larry Davis's book: North American P-51 Mustang, A Photo Chronicle. Sometime in the mid 1950's 73029 and 5 other P-51s were sent to Nicaragua.
            I was wondering if Ltc Roe flew our airplane and could possibly have photos or know someone who might.
            As usual there is some intrigue involved as when the Mustang went south it became 44-73029N. An N was added to the S/N. When Stephen Grey purchased a pile of parts to build his new TF-51 he acquired a fwd fus that was marked with small lettering on the L/H side which read "AKRON/CANTON Airport" and below that F-51D 44-73029. That is our S/N but how did it get transferred to the aircraft sent to Nicaragua. by our government?
            Rich

Comment

I have a commission to paint a 4360-powered C-119(C) does anyone have a photo or photos showing the cowling/exhaust details...Thanks...D.

Comment

Google is your friend:

We are the owners of the last two flyable Boxcars
                Last edited by BlueOvalRacing; 10-30-2007, 08:01 PM.

Comment

David, There's one parked out here at the Travis Air Museum, if there something in particular you need but can't find on the net let me know and I'll swing by and get some pictures of it.
                  Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
                  My Photos
                  My Ride

Comment

Stevo, Thanks, what I was looking for is the exhaust layout on the 4360 installation. It seems that alot of 119's that were fitted with these were re-engined with 3350's as they were Easier and gave equal or Better performance at altitude. Anyway, I've been bashing about and Thanks to our Friend BlueOvalRacing I think I've got what I was looking for, there's a Bunch of stuff out there! Thanks Again...D.

Comment

Originally posted by Peashooter
                      A correction: Harry flew with the 78th FG out of Duxford, and later the 55th FG in the OHANG.
                      Rutan Long EZ, N-LONG
                      World Speed Record Holder

Comment

Hi,

Was your Dad at the 1966 & 1967 Air Races? My uncle was Mike Carroll and owned the Signal Sea Fury. I'm looking for information and photos.

Thank you so much!

Michele Carroll McKitterick

Comment

Working...
                        X