POTW Returns!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POTW Returns!

LONG neglected.. I promise to TRY to keep up with this long forgotten feature of AAFO.COM..

Cobra has promised to help and submissions are certainly welcome!

Here ya go...

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: POTW Returns!

Welcome news! And a great photograph! I see you're offering larger prints now -- new printer or are you farming therm out?

Neal

Comment

Originally posted by wingman
      Welcome news! And a great photograph! I see you're offering larger prints now -- new printer or are you farming therm out?

Neal
      Thanks Neal, Jeff sure deserves the attention!

Funny how long things can go and still seem like, well, yesterday!

It really didn't feel like that long since the last POTW but it had been just over a year!

I've had a batch of trouble concentrating for over a year now, still catching up, but a year is just too long for such a popular feature!

On the print size, yes, farming out! I still love the quality of the "small" sizes from my doggoned expensive printer, also like the fact that no matter how hard you try, you can't get to the ink to make it smudge.. I even print my business cards with it! (on the photo paper) And they last better than most things that I put in my wallet!

That being said, there's a new process easily available to me that uses light activated photo paper and promises to be a very good and affordable, convenient option for me..

I really don't have what you'd call any kind of volume in my print sales.. one here, one there.. but the larger sizes, especially the 20x30 have real promise!

I may start offering a lot of different "things" with airplanes on them.. have to look into permissions/rights and such but mugs, mouse pads, calendars and the like are a distinct possibility at some point..

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

my vote for POTW..... See Tom Camp "farm girl"

Comment

Hey Wayne, when you said you were going to use my shoulder for a tripod it was going to be for nonprofit only...lol
          Nice shot.....

http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
          http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Archer
            Hey Wayne, when you said you were going to use my shoulder for a tripod it was going to be for nonprofit only...lol
            Nice shot.....
            LOL.. thanks Victor.. what makes you think there's any profit involved here...

Certainly hoping to see some of yours sized and submitted as well... as well as others! It'll get pretty boring if all we see there is my stuff.. (cough cough)

I know Mark K. (Cobra) has some really good stuff in his archives, as does Wingman and some others.. I'd really like to see a lot more historical stuff in the POTW slot.. there's 52 of them open each year... if I get the submissions, I'm sure hot to put in good stuff!

Thanks again..

W
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I do so enjoy the POW.

I really miss the Wallpaper Calanders. (Mark K, this is a strong hint/nudge!)

THNX
              Mayday51
              Jim Gallagher

Comment

I'm trying to keep up with things here but with an impending move to a new HQ... I'm falling behind... OK OK.. I goofed off too much during the holiday.. I admit it....

Here's another, it's sort of a "rerun" in that I used this photo for the Dago Red for sale announcement story a while ago.. Turns out, the photo has been very popular and I've gotten quite a few requests for it.. for that reason and.. it just happened to be the only photo I had readily available on my laptop at the moment of truth.. it is the choice for this week..

Wayne Sagar
                "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                  Here's another, it's sort of a "rerun"
                  That one will never get old, IMO. Nice!
                  _________
                  -Matt
                  Red Bull has no earthly idea what "air racing" is.

Comment

Originally posted by MRussell
                    That one will never get old, IMO. Nice!
                    Well thank you Matt.. it is a sort of classic view of the two of them.. I do have it, however, in a different perspective As they passed by each time, the lead was "traded"... also, depending on where you were shooting from, sometimes the Bear was in front...

Fun stuff! I was actually sicker than a dog when I took that shot.. had no hair and was eating via a tube in my tummy..

Now, I'm eating as much as I can and can't keep up with the hair growth!!

Loving life!!

Wayner
                    Wayne Sagar
                    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

This photo nicely illustrates something that my friend Bill Johnson made note of in a picture he took long, long ago of Conquest 1 and Miss America flying in his book AIRSHOW! Notice how the Bearcat flies tail down, nose high, and the Mustang flies tail high, nose low. Just an interesting observation.

Comment

Speeddemon:

In the picture, it looks like Dago has a bigger vertical stabilizer than Rare Bear. Is this true?

Keith Doyne

Comment

Speed... I'm not exactly sure of the precision of the "level to the horizon" of my camera holding but, drawing line through the bear ona print using a T-square, it's just about exactly a straight line between the spinner and the tip of the tailcone...

Is it possible that the effect of the nose down/nose up visual is because of the much more highly upswept rear fuselage of the Mustang?

I sense a pretty interesting discussion could be had here, (by those of you smarter than me) knowing that they did do something with the angle of incidence on Strega and assuming that the same was done on Dago...

Wayne
                          Wayne Sagar
                          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by chixfly2
                            Where's the one with the little calendar in the bottom corner?

That's what I need!

CF2.. "Cobra" (MarkK) is doing the calendar thing but he's been extremely busy with his job and getting the wife unit repaired....

*eventually* when things calm down for both of us, we're determined to get some more stuff/features working on the site.. Including, (I HOPE) a lot of the historic content from Mark's Pylon1.com site!

No question, reality gets in the way of having fun....

But a man has to tend to the correct priorities!

Wayne
                            Wayne Sagar
                            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

*eventually* when things calm down for both of us, we're determined to get some more stuff/features working on the site..

No question, reality gets in the way of having fun....

But a man has to tend to the correct priorities!

Wayne
                              Isn't life just bouncing from one crisis to the next?

And what's this about priorities? Shouldn't women and hobbies (sometime one and the same) be put BEFORE job?

I know, I know.... you need the job to give the money to the woman so she approves of the hobby. I'm just saying......
                              Bill Pearce

Old Machine Press
                              Blue Thunder Air Racing (in memoriam)

Comment

Working...
                              X