2005 Reno Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Reno Video

So, has anybody else picked up the 2005 "Reach For The Stars" DVD ?
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: 2005 Reno Video

Originally posted by Stevo
    So, has anybody else picked up the 2005 "Reach For The Stars" DVD ?
    Stevo.. perhaps an impromteau "review" is in order???

What'dya think??

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Well, I'll try and be kind...
      Being an airplane geek, and more precisely an Air Race geek, any time I get to watch videos of airplanes is a good time. Seeing some of my favorite air racers (btw, they are ALL my favorites) battle it out on the screen in the off season helps keep the flame alive, AND it gives me something to show those that have never heard of Air Racing. I'd also like to think that one day the videos will help me remember what went down at Reno that year. This years Reno DVD, titled "Reach For The Stars", will if anything help me remember the Gold Unlimited race of 2005. At just under an hour long there isn't enough time to give all the race classes "equal footing" on the DVD. As with videos from years past it seems that small airframe size equals less screen time. What we get in this years DVD is a brief highlight of the Gold race from each of the classes with exception of the unlimiteds. With the big guy's we get highlights of the bronze and silver races and most of the gold race being shown. Then of course there's 10 min or so of airshow action, crowd shots, and static display shots thrown in the middle for good measure. So, how IS the video? Well, the color and videography are nice (even though the editing leaves a lot to be desired). Airplanes at high speed close to the ground and in full frame. Makes you want to crank the sound up to 11 to get the full effect... but I wouldn't do that if I were you. Constant crackling, popping, hissing and the horrible 80's synth pop background music destroy what could have been a great soundtrack on it's own. Then you throw in the lost announcer overlay and it really starts to test your mettle. Overall, if you need an Air Race fix and would like a souvenir to look back on from the 2005 Reno Air Races this DVD isn't all bad. And besides, what else do we have available to us?
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Stevo
        Then of course there's 10 min or so of airshow action?
        They showed ALL of the air show action for the whole week???...lol
        http://www.pbase.com/marauder61
        http://www.cafepress.com/aaphotography

Comment

we have some cockpit vid of reno 04 and 05 at www.davemorss.com
          www.davemorss.com

Comment

Working...
          X