Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need RB sound file!

Hi everyone!
    I Pray your Christmas was everything you hoped for.

Awhile back someone posted a digital sound file of a Rare Bear flyby that had been recorded by their son. I used it for some time, but I've recently beed forced to do a major rebuild of my computer. That soundfile was unfortunatly on one of the hard disks that I decided to upgrade.

If anyone has a copy of that sound file, I'd like to get another copy. My computer rebuild won't be complete until I hear Rare Bear when I start it up! I know I'm an idiot for loosing it, but I'd apreciate it if anyone can re-post it.

Thanks in advance!
    Race 29
    Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Re: Need RB sound file!

Twonine... dig around on the site.. there's a video clip that at the end of it or.. somewhere in it, The Bear flies by me at home pylon.. you could grab it from there if you like... It's sort of incomplete.. (ends quick) cause the flagpole got in my way and I griped and it wound up on the clip..

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Tracked it for you.. it actually is a clip hosted on my server, but only linked on the rarebear.com site.. (from my previous duties there)... apparantly, the clip on the site is hosed, I'm not getting it all when I try to download it..

I'd have to dig to see if I have the original, it may have a better sound byte...

Here is the clip however.. actually some fairly significant history in it...

Couldn't get the clip to upload here (stupid connection kept timing out) so I fixed the server link..
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I have a .wav I use for my e-mail notice, but i'm not sure where I got it.
        Don't want to cause a problem.
        Leo Smiley - Graphics and Fine Arts
        airplanenutleo@gmail.com
        thetreasuredpeacock.etsy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Race 29
          Hi everyone!
          I Pray your Christmas was everything you hoped for.

Awhile back someone posted a digital sound file of a Rare Bear flyby that had been recorded by their son. I used it for some time, but I've recently beed forced to do a major rebuild of my computer. That soundfile was unfortunatly on one of the hard disks that I decided to upgrade.

If anyone has a copy of that sound file, I'd like to get another copy. My computer rebuild won't be complete until I hear Rare Bear when I start it up! I know I'm an idiot for loosing it, but I'd apreciate it if anyone can re-post it.

Thanks in advance!
          Race 29
          This what your looking for?
          Done by Geoff Garnett

Comment

Originally posted by Leo
            I have a .wav I use for my e-mail notice, but i'm not sure where I got it.
            Don't want to cause a problem.
            If you guys email stuff to each other that you're unsure of, that causes no one any problems..

Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Thanks Fenceliner, that was exactly what I was looking for!

Wayne, that was an awesome video. It sure reminds what a herculean effort it took to get the bear back in the air!

Thanks to everyone that offered to help me. I can count on Death, Taxes, and the awesome folks on this board to help a guy!!

Thanks!
              Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by FENCELINER
                This what your looking for?
                Done by Geoff Garnett
                http://www.halfwayband.com/rarebear.wav
                Thanks for posting the link Larry. Geoff has kindly donated that file to all you race fans out there so Wayne can stop worrying about permission issues. If anyone wants to pay him back go see his band, Halfway.

Now if I could only get him to come over and finish adding his audio recordings to my video files of the sunday gold final, we'd really have something. Speaking of video, I guess I should get back to work on my tapes. It's pouring rain here so I don't have much else to do.
                Bill Garnett
                InterstellarDust
                Air Race Fanatic since 1965

Comment

Working...
                X