Merry Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Merry Christmas

What happens when Mike Luvara is your neighbor. Enjoy !http://www.break.com/articles/houselights2.html

Re: Merry Christmas

Now that is a classic!!

Comment

Re: Merry Christmas

I've seen a simlar video posted on several news sites and some forums over the last few weeks, except they all featured a different and somewhat more 'lively' performance from 2004 using a song played by the Trans Siberian Orchestra.

Looks like it's the same house though. Your clip might be from 2003 or 2005.

Here's a link to the other video from 2004, plus some of the text from one of the articles:

-

Computerize Xmas light display

-

Anyone who drives past the Williams house on Winding Creek Court will have an opinion.

Carson Williams' two-story home is decorated top to bottom with 25,000 Christmas lights - but that's just the beginning.

He used software to program them to 12 minutes of Christmas music. The result is a dancing display of synchronized lights that he says you have to see to believe.

According to PlanetChristmas.com and other Web sites, light-show technology is becoming more popular. There are even instructions on how to set up a display with Light-O-Rama software.

But a show of this magnitude is still rare enough that Williams has received calls from across the country, including the "Today" show, which is interviewing the family live this morning.

This is the third year for the show, which gets bigger every season. It took Williams about three hours to program each minute of music. Williams broadcasts the music from a low-power transmitter in his computer to an FM radio station. A sign tells passers-by to tune in.

The Internet rocketed the two-story house to instant cyberfame after Williams posted the 2004 light show in February. "Inside Edition" is scheduled to film a segment this afternoon. Miller Brewing Company spent about seven hours Thursday filming footage for an upcoming commercial. "They put fake snow in the yard," Sherry Williams said.

"I'm overwhelmed. I am just beside myself," Sherry Williams said. As of Sunday morning Williams' original Web site had gotten 848,000 hits and had been picked up by a host of others.

The Hare family, across the street, can see from their bedroom window. "We've had no problems," said Dave Hare, 41. He, his wife and their three children remember the first year the lights went up.

"We called it the psycho house," Michelle said, laughing. "It was just weird random flashes. Then, he told us about the radio station, we tuned it in, and it was great!"

Unfortunately it has gotten so popular (according to a later article posted last week) that he had to cancel the display this year after only 2 days. The HUGE line of cars creeping past the house was creating safety problems, according to law enforcement representatives.

Comment

Working...
      X