Talk about foot in mouth syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk about foot in mouth syndrome

Read about this F-16 noise complaint letter to the editor in the Arizona Republic and had to see if it was true. It was. At least the guy apologized.
    Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
    My Photos
    My Ride

Re: Talk about foot in mouth syndrome

Originally posted by Stevo
    Read about this F-16 noise complaint letter to the editor in the Arizona Republic and had to see if it was true. It was. At least the guy apologized.
    Stevo, more than "at least" is involved with "saying I'm wrong" I think.. too many of us do a knee jerk for whatever reason and then hold fast to our original reasoning for our reaction, regardless of whatever further information is presented to us. The last thing we'd do is EVER say "I was wrong"

The average "citizen" doesn't know squat about why they are "bothered" daily with airplane "noise" (which is music to most of *our* ears) from whatever the source might be. The fact that this guy said he's wrong once he became aware of the situation, to me, should close this issue and release him from any further riducule..

Anybody can be a fool, takes a big man to say "I'm wrong"..

Just my Humble $.02

Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Re: Talk about foot in mouth syndrome

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
      Anybody can be a fool, takes a big man to say "I'm wrong"...
      I totaly agree with you there Wanye and I meant no ill will when I said "At Least". He could have just kept his mouth (er... pen?) shut and said nothing, but he didn't.
      I guess what I have a hard time with is people that move near Air Force Bases (and airports) and expect not to hear airplanes at all times of the day and night. Granted this flight may have been a little out of the ordinary (a 4 ship at 500 feet) but most people (at least in my world) would have realized it was something other than a few "Top Gun" wananbe's. And besides, in this day and age, AF pilots can't just decide to form up over a populated area and fly past at 500 feet. At least not in AMC or AETC they can't.
      Stevo

Blue Thunder Air Racing
      My Photos
      My Ride

Comment

Working...
      X