Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not to complain...BUT...

Mark,

I am wondering why you post photos here in the area meant for discussion, and not in the designated "images" area. There are no posts there for the last 30 days...

Just curious...

Glenn

BTW: Nice pics!

Re: not to complain...BUT...

Originally posted by gsbloom
    I am wondering why you post photos here in the area meant for discussion, and not in the designated "images" area. There are no posts there for the last 30 days...

Just curious...
    Good question Glenn, we sometimes tend to break our own "rules" but you are right and we decided to move them over to the image post forum.. (one of the nice things about this board system, we can do that with a couple of clicks)

We've been a bit behind the curve (read that.... "I've" been a bit behind the curve) so Bear's been unable to get stuff published unless he puts it here..

Tryin to fix that now, with me back at base and not moving up and down the west coast, seemingly, every other day, we should be able to get back to our normal method of posting images/descriptions.

Wayne
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Oh Please....

Geeze man...no appologies necessary. I was not b1tching...I was just askin.

See ya soon...I got my tickets for the airline...my room is booked...my renta-wreck is set...I am so excited...

G

Comment

I wouldn't shut the door on any flexibility you might need to post photos on the road (or in a crisis)....

I would not have seen all those images if they were posted in the image gallery because when the main discussion page loads, only two forums show: Air Racin' and Air race designer..............in fact I had forgotton that there was an image post forum.....it is a long scroll down the page and you know what they say, outa sight outa mind (and what little I have left is...well......never mind.)

So from the other side of the fence, I would have missed all the work that you guys are beating yourselves up over trying to get it online......I appreciate what you did get posted, and fully realize that it was a temporary measure...

Ummmm.......ever think of throttling back a bit on this self imposed workload? .............at least til Reno strikes...
        the other Wayne................

Comment

No Posts?

GS,
          I seem to have read a few.......admittedly fewer by ratio than prior to the pic posts....
          .........maybe we are TOO excited to squawk while gaping at the pics?.....

Wayne,Mark,
          DON"T STOP!
          ....do take care of yourselfs!.....you have too many of us addicted to news and pics ....

THANKS!
          Mayday51
          Jim Gallagher

Comment

No apologies required

I've got nothing but appreciation for the work all of those who make up AAFO do. I figure that I've got the right to complain when I step up to the job you've all taken on and figure out how to do it better. (Fat chance!!)

Thanks for all the hard work. The images are great, wherever they are, and we'll devour the news, etc. whenever it comes.

Dan

Comment

WOW!

Thanks guys! I have to admit, I was one of the ones dinging on DaBear for posting in this section (I do it to though ) the problem is that in year's past, we used to send Mark to a lot of these events and I'd stay home and process what he sent me, when he was able to send it to me.

This year, when Mark went alone (as in the Chino trip) we sent a laptop with him and I stayed home... but... I was in the middle of moving and had little time to devote to getting the stuff processed..

Then we decided that it was high time for all of us to go to AirFest and you have what has developed into a huge backlog of "stuff" needing processing and publishing.

Despite automating some of the things we do here (such as the pages the images enlarge on, which are now semi-automated) it still takes an average of 6-10 hrs to process the images, write the story and captions for a story and then assemble it all into a publishable presentation. This is 6-10 hrs that Wayne has to dig into his soul and find the concentration level to sit here, a single man in his apartment in the big city, and get to it...

<ahem>

If you read between the lines here, you may see a bit of our dilema

At any rate, we're gonna dig in here as long as time permits between now and Oshkosh.. (if we are able to make OSH this year) and we'll put up as much as we can as soon as we can..

Thanks for your support!

Wayne
              Wayne Sagar
              "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Bad Wayne,bad,bad Wayne.......

..........THANKS AGAIN for feeding our habit.
                Mayday51
                Jim Gallagher

Comment

Working...
                X