Restorations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restorations

There are two aircraft that are being restored that we all know, Risky Business, and White Lighting what Red Bull will call her in the future we can only guess. How about some photos of the latest progress. Some of us i am sure would love to see them.

Re: Restorations

here is ezell's link to the p-38, enjoy, http://www.ezellaviation.com/Projects%20Sub/P-38.htm

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are they doing to Risky Business? I pray that they are not turning what was once a bonafide Gold contender back into a stocker similar to what happened to Stiletto.

Comment

Here is the Risky Business Website.

Comment

Originally posted by KB Adkins
          Please forgive my ignorance, but what exactly are they doing to Risky Business? I pray that they are not turning what was once a bonafide Gold contender back into a stocker similar to what happened to Stiletto.

you worry to much

check this out:http://unlimitedair.com

Comment

Originally posted by tex-fan
            here is ezell's link to the p-38, enjoy, http://www.ezellaviation.com/Projects%20Sub/P-38.htm
            Is it just me or do you see a big ole footprint on the box that says DO NOT STEP in the last two pictures?

Comment

Whew! Thanks for the web address. I feel better knowing we'll see Risky back out on the course in years to come, hopefully at 450 plus!

Comment

Originally posted by KB Adkins
                Whew! Thanks for the web address. I feel better knowing we'll see Risky back out on the course in years to come, hopefully at 450 plus!

Risky Business is being restored back to bone-stock condition. Even if Rhino decides to bring her back to race, there is NO WAY she will ever put in speeds of 450 plus. She'd have to have some Ridge Runner III-type mods and such to achieve those kinds of speeds, and what is the purpose of restoring a Mustang to warbird condition if you're just going to 'convert' it back again?

Comment

I'll have to post some pics of our P-51. We currently have the engine pulled and are redoing the entire engine compartment. Although the boss wants the firewall and cowling frame-work done in silver (I wanted green zinc chromate).

Next will be a re-skin of the gun blister area so that we can re-install the guns in both wings.

The T-33 is in paint as we speak and I will post pics of that one too when done.

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Man
                    Is it just me or do you see a big ole footprint on the box that says DO NOT STEP in the last two pictures?
                    Naw look closer, DO NOT STEP is pointing to the edges of the skin.

Comment

"I feel better knowing we'll see Risky back out on the course in years to come..."
                      Speaking to the gentleman (and I use the term loosely ) who is doing the Risky restoration, the a/c will not return to the pylons, but Rhino will instead continue racing his -3350 powered Sea Fury, Bad Attitude. I think we will all miss Risky on the racecourse; she and Rhino were a Reno fixture for over 15 years.

SA

Comment

The Leeward Air Ranch Special is being restored too, as most of you probably know, just as the Galloping Ghost.

Comment

Originally posted by race9
                          The Leeward Air Ranch Special is being restored too, as most of you probably know, just as the Galloping Ghost.
                          Ryan -

Is the plan to return the airplane to the stock Galloping Ghost configuration, or will the airplane stay the way it's been the last 20 years but be polished metal with the Ghost paint scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Haskin
                            Ryan -

Is the plan to return the airplane to the stock Galloping Ghost configuration, or will the airplane stay the way it's been the last 20 years but be polished metal with the Ghost paint scheme?
                            Dirk & Jimmy both said that it is going to stay in the 'racer' configuration, just with the updated paint scheme.

Comment

Yep, just what Speeddemon said.

Comment

Working...
                              X