Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PM website

Hi everyone.

I thought I would let everyone know that Precious Metal website is up and running. The site looks great. It even has streaming video. It's full of info, history, crew, and merchandise. The add. is preciousmetal-airracing.com. My thanks to Wayne S. for letting me do some promoting and advertising. Hope you enjoy and let us know how you like it.

Mike G.
    MG

Re: New PM website

Originally posted by racersedge
    The add. is preciousmetal-airracing.com.
    Save you some typing http://www.preciousmetal-airracing.com

Comment

Kinda old info for a "new" site?!

Comment

Originally posted by Radial LuvR
        Kinda old info for a "new" site?!
        Gots to start somewhere dude. Easier to start with something and update than to start from scratch. It's better than nothin I always say. Just my .02 worth. I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
        Never mind. Maybe next year

Comment

Sorry,There are not many airrace fans my age that I know.Most of the guys I hear say it's getting too exspensive to race and that the planes and engines (a rare Griffon) are worth more at museum quality. PM is my favorite inline racer and I'm just hoping a record atempt is still in PM's future.Not to mention Reno is not the same with out her!

Comment

Originally posted by Air Race Addict
            Gots to start somewhere dude. Easier to start with something and update than to start from scratch. It's better than nothin I always say.
            Well said Bill
            Mark K....

Comment

Needs more pictures of the nose art....

Comment

I was told in more words or less, that the "new" "Precious Metal" website was supposed to blaze new trails in air racer website designs. Did I go to the wrong website? If the old site had have been completed, it would (IMHO) been one of the best around.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck
                  I was told in more words or less, that the "new" "Precious Metal" website was supposed to blaze new trails in air racer website designs. Did I go to the wrong website? If the old site had have been completed, it would (IMHO) been one of the best around.
                  You know, having done several websites, and others involved in website design can attest to as well...
                  It's nice in theory to want to blaze new trails in website design. But the fact is, these sites take a lot of time, energy and effort to design and maintain. Not everyone out there considers the best sites to be the ones with all the bells and whistles. And having performed a number of surveys on this, most people (~70%) find all the bells and whistles annoying. That said, the simple, easy to use website may be considered trail blazing! Anyway, that's just my thoughts on the subject. And since they're free, everyone has an opinion.

Comment

I agree with Wardog - but a lot of it depends on the expectations, capabilities, wants & desires of the people who the site targets. My latest website ( http://www.badmustangsclub.com ) features a forum, the ability of it's members to give gifts to each other, an acrade, sports betting (with earned "points" - no money), members can create their own webpage, chat room, donation page & awards, specialized high bandwidth & dial up friendly options, and the list goes on. Lots of work & time went into it... and being that we're averaging about 1000 posts a day (with only being 4 months young) and about 100 new members per month, tells me we hit the nail on the head.

BUT - it's more geared for the young folks out there who are computer savy and like all the bells and whistles.... and as much as some might not like to hear this, air racing sites need to be taylored to a wider audience. That includes the peeps that like it simple, straight forward, and without a whole lot of flash. It's a very hard compromise to be able to pull off... and do it well.
                    Mark K....

Comment

Working...
                    X