Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!

I just spent the most memorable evening, I think I've ever experienced!

Sitting in the Thunderbird Hangar at Nellis Air Force Base tonight (pix, later), was a Skyraider.... a "fat face" version of same...

In the same venue was one, Tom Dwelle, air racer, Vietnam Veteran.... (hellava nice guy!)

I learned early on this evening that this particular Skyraider was not only a Vietnam Veteran, one of its pilots, while it was in that long ago conflict was present this evening and he is my good friend Tom Dwelle!!!

I have to say, I had tears in my eyes when Gordon Bowman Jones announced the history of the airplane and, its pilot in our presence!

Ken Dwelle, TJ Dwelle,.... Dialtapper and others on the Critical Mass Air Race team.. you got one hell of a guy in the top slot on your team!

I'm proud to say, I got to say... "WELCOME HOME" to one Vietnam Veteran, Tom Dwelle tonight! Scuse me while I wipe the salty residue!

Welcome Home, Tome Dwelle, John Parker, Gordon Bowman Jones, and the THOUSANDS of other Vietnam Veterans who are, forever, my heroes!

WELCOME HOME!!

Man, you just had to be here.. it was AWESOME!

Wayne Sagar!
    Wayne Sagar
    "Pusher of Electrons"

Re: Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!

If you think I might like to own that airplane someday....You'd be right!

TJ Dwelle

Comment

Off the subject, but a very telling moment in my flying career:

When I landed from my first solo flight, I handed the airplane off to my brother Ken so he could take care of his first solo flight also.
      For a few years, we flew a lot together.

He went off to Air Force flight school and returned to Auburn for a visit a year or so later.
      We jumped in the T-6 to do some acro.
      The amazing part was that when he left a year prior, he flew like I did.
      Both of us having been taught by the old man.
      During that flight, however, all I could think about was that he flew exactly like our father.

In spite of having accumulated 5000+ hours of flight time, I understand that I am the family's third string warbird pilot.

I am immensly thankful to have Tom Sr. and Ken to learn from.

TJ

Comment

Originally posted by TWD
        I am immensly thankful to have Tom Sr. and Ken to learn from.

TJ
        TJ... saw both your bro and your dad today... both appear to be having a fine time!

I told your dad the other night at the T Bird party that it was an honor to know him... I meant it!

He's one of the best of the best people anyone will ever meet! You're a lucky guy to have him for your dad!

Wayne
        Wayne Sagar
        "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

I'll second that!!
          Attached Files
          DB

Comment

Well guys...those pics are great!
            If Tom Sr. reads this I want to thank him for spending time with me out in the pits on Sunday...showing me around the plane, taking pics of me in cockpit, etc. It was a pleasure to meet Ken and Tom Sr.
            The Dwelle's are one of the nicest families I've ever met! It was an honor to have Tom and all the other Veitnam Veterans at Nellis this year.
            Connie

Comment

Working...
            X