only approved thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only approved thoughts

I read this board daily but try not to post as the flame wars and some uninformed opinions get a little much. There was a thread that was very important to us flying vintage aircraft,a thought provoking thread buy pilots about pilots and how to change an attidue that has gotten several killed and may even affect the ability of those of us left to keep flying these planes. Unfortunatly the owner of this board has decided to remove this thread. Certainly his right but I hope those that read it can ponder it and if in a position to fly these planes apply it.
    dave
    www.davemorss.com

Re: only approved thoughts

Well it's his board and his rules. And when the ish hits the fan every pilot and crew member know who Wayne is. Many times on these forums people do not post there names(many do). So if a family member or friend sees this kind of stuff on this board who do you think hears about it... Wayne does!!! Not Imafreakncoward78. Not flaming just tryn' to cover my boys back

Michael Town

Comment

Dave, I sent you a PM, and an email...

I didn't "delete" that thread, I "postponed" it..

I realize the content is important to discuss and I tried to make it pretty clear my reasons for temporairly removing it.

I'm real sorry some of you don't agree with all of my decisions. In this particular case, I think the feelings of others, a lot closer to the subject, might be pretty important too.

Wayne
      Wayne Sagar
      "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Wayne, one thing you should remember............Everyone needs, and can, learn from someone else's mistake or encountered problem. Waiting to discuss an issue tends to blurr the lines.

Putting your head in the sand is not the best way to deal with issues like this. The general idea of the post was a good thing. If someone posts something inappropriate in that thread, then delete that post, not the entire thread.

To this day, you hardly allow any posts or discussion about the MAII accident. People need to talk these things out and learn from history, whether good or bad.

Think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by King
          To this day, you hardly allow any posts or discussion about the MAII accident. People need to talk these things out and learn from history, whether good or bad.
          King, if anyone knew anything further about that accident, other than what's on the NTSB site, I might agree with you. The only time I've quashed that subject is when one person who decided to carry the torch for someone who wanted to throw mud at the builder posted unsubstantiated material that was totally inappropriate to the subject.

Originally posted by King
          Think about it....
          I can assure you King, I gave it a great deal of thought and the thread, as stated in my explanation of same, will be reinstated at the proper time....

Wayne
          Wayne Sagar
          "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by morss
            I read this board daily but try not to post as the flame wars and some uninformed opinions get a little much. There was a thread that was very important to us flying vintage aircraft,a thought provoking thread buy pilots about pilots and how to change an attidue that has gotten several killed and may even affect the ability of those of us left to keep flying these planes. Unfortunatly the owner of this board has decided to remove this thread. Certainly his right but I hope those that read it can ponder it and if in a position to fly these planes apply it.
            dave
            Dave, I can only hope you will add to the value of the new forum that has been set up. It's going to be by request only and those of you who have already been setup in there will have some measure of deciding who gets in/stays there..

There will be no reason for you to not post, pretty much everyone who will be in that section of the forum will be "inside" either the sport of air racing or involved in aviation in some manner..

I'll even try to keep my trap shut since I'm neither a pilot or active mechanic.

I'll try to "preside" over it only to the extent of doing what those of you whom this section was created for need done on the "tech" end of things.. (giving unwanted folks the boot or adding those you want in)

Hopefully, this will keep everyone happy...

Wayne

******EDIT WITH NEW JOIN DIRECTIONS*******
            You may notice a new forum section titled "Restricted Forum - Warbird Hardcore - None But The Brave"

We are going to keep the ability to post messages within this forum only available to Racers, Pilots, Crew and support personell within the Air Racing and Warbird community. A special "User Group" has been created which will allow this. If you wish to be added to this group, a new method has been implimented rather than by email as earlier requested, this will make your addition much easier.

Registered members who feel they can add to this new forum, please go to your "User CP" link, then scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section. From there click on the "Group Memberships" link you will see a check box with the option to join this group.

Viewing and not posting "Read Only" status in this forum will be available for those anyone who requests it.

Registered members can go to their "User CP" link, then scroll down to the "Miscellaneous" section. From there click on the "Group Memberships" link and you can add "read only" access to this forum.

Please, join the "Read Only" category at your own discretion, this is an adult forum and sensitive subjects will be discussed.

******END EDIT*****
            Last edited by AAFO_WSagar; 10-15-2005, 11:28 AM.
            Wayne Sagar
            "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Originally posted by FNG
              So if a family member or friend sees this kind of stuff on this board who do you think hears about it... Wayne does!!! Not Imafreakncoward78. Michael Town
              FNG,
              That is So true, and that handle is SO funny! Too bad it's just as true.

Race 29
              Full throttle till you see God, then turn left!

Comment

Originally posted by AAFO_WSagar
                King, if anyone knew anything further about that accident, other than what's on the NTSB site, I might agree with you. The only time I've quashed that subject is when one person who decided to carry the torch for someone who wanted to throw mud at the builder posted unsubstantiated material that was totally inappropriate to the subject.
                I would have respected you a whole lot more if you had just come out and said that it was me, Wayne.

Brad

Comment

Originally posted by speeddemon
                  I would have respected you a whole lot more if you had just come out and said that it was me, Wayne.

Brad
                  Whatever....
                  Wayne Sagar
                  "Pusher of Electrons"

Comment

Working...
                  X